Spare SPDT switches lying around... what project?

Started by Korky Blues, November 26, 2012, 05:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korky Blues

Hi guys, I have a couple of SPDT switches laying around and was looking to use them for a new project. Are there any decent projects that would utilise one or both of these switches? Everything I look at is DPDT or 3PDT etc.

Kesh

anything involving selecting different clipping diodes or different caps

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

oldschoolanalog

Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

Jdansti

Or...

"The Millenium Bypass - True Bypass and LED indicator with only a DPDT"

Use the MBP#2 for your next pedal.

http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/millenium/millen.htm

Edit:

Oops... You have SPDT and I gave you a DPDT project. Sorry.  :icon_redface:
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

moosapotamus

How about picking up one more SPDT and building the Runoffgroove Mr. EQ?

... and then use the two extra sections of the 4049 to make a red llama to go in front of the Mr. EQ?
(I have been secretly wanting to do this myself for some time. ;) )

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

Mark Hammer

If you look at a lot of the commercial modulation pedals - phaser, chorus, flanger - that combine a clean and modified signal to produce the effect, you'll see that a great many simply lift the modified signal to cancel the effect, rather than bypass the circuit overall.  In some instances, that is done using FETs that are actuated by a flipflop circuit.  In some instances the switch itself carries the audio signal, while in others, a stompswitch is used to actuate the FET directly, such as in the BF-1 ( http://hammer.ampage.org/files/BOSS_BF-1.pdf ) and some editions of the Small Clone.

So, yes, you are correct that the majority of switching arrangements that employ a stompswitch do use a DPDT or 3PDT, but there are many that still do what we need them to do using only a humble SPDT.

alparent

Quote from: moosapotamus on November 28, 2012, 10:27:34 AM
How about picking up one more SPDT and building the Runoffgroove Mr. EQ?

... and then use the two extra sections of the 4049 to make a red llama to go in front of the Mr. EQ?
(I have been secretly wanting to do this myself for some time. ;) )

~ Charlie

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17624039/MrWhirl.pdf

I did it, red llama into a Mr. EQ

Care to verify the schematic?

alparent

moosapotamus

Looks like a Red Llama into a Mr EQ, to me. 8)
I'm gonna guess that the initial gain stage of the Mr EQ might actually be redundant and could maybe be omitted because you might get plenty of volume from the Llama to make up for the various filter combinations in the Mr EQ. If so, perhaps that extra section of the 4049 could be switched in/out of the Llama for some additional flavors of fuzz? ...Hey! Then you'd have even more switches! :D

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."