Marshall shredmaster which schematic is correct?

Started by JebemMajke, December 12, 2012, 01:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JebemMajke

I've used this schematic

I'm "at the gates" of the eq part and all of a sudden I've found this schematic.
http://www.buildyourownclone.com/shredder.html
Which is a bit different.
My question is, if I continue using first schematic is it going to work? Should I "correct" few differences and continue on with BYOC schematic?

Bill Mountain

Quote from: JebemMajke on December 12, 2012, 01:44:35 PM
I've used this schematic

I'm "at the gates" of the eq part and all of a sudden I've found this schematic.
http://www.buildyourownclone.com/shredder.html
Which is a bit different.
My question is, if I continue using first schematic is it going to work? Should I "correct" few differences and continue on with BYOC schematic?

At a quick glance they look the same.  What am I missing?

Both schematics look they should work just fine.

JebemMajke

Well in the second one there is no 220nF coming out of the eq, also in the first schematic pin3 of the second ic is connected to the bias part, aka 4.5v. And in the second one output of the eq goes int that same pin. And some values are different.

I;m just wondering is it going to work if i proceed with the first schematic?

Bill Mountain

Quote from: JebemMajke on December 12, 2012, 02:36:23 PM
Well in the second one there is no 220nF coming out of the eq, also in the first schematic pin3 of the second ic is connected to the bias part, aka 4.5v. And in the second one output of the eq goes int that same pin. And some values are different.

I;m just wondering is it going to work if i proceed with the first schematic?

Yes.  It'll work.

JebemMajke

Tl082 as IC1 kicks some major ass. Way better than tl072.

JebemMajke

I would like to add 2k pot as mid control. But for some reason I'm out of 2k pots. What I do have are 5k,10k,22k,50k,100k,220k,500k,1m pots. Can I convert any of these to work as 2.2k?

Bill Mountain

Quote from: JebemMajke on December 12, 2012, 04:28:40 PM
I would like to add 2k pot as mid control. But for some reason I'm out of 2k pots. What I do have are 5k,10k,22k,50k,100k,220k,500k,1m pots. Can I convert any of these to work as 2.2k?

I would just use the 5k and decided if you really need a mid control.  Then invest in the appropriate size.