Problem with a Rat.

Started by supernaut, January 01, 2013, 05:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supernaut

Update: I've taken it to a mate of mine that used to repair electronics for a living. He's showed me proper soldering etc And built a silicon fuzz face clone while I watched so I could get an idea of how not to make mistakes.

I've decided I am just rebuilding the board. The one I had has been desoldered. I will be using new veroboard (and mostly new components).

Once that's done and working (hopefully) I'll provide another update here with some video/sound clips. Probably be up on Sunday if there aren't any issues.

I do want to say thanks for the help, this has been really educational for me.

mwchoi

Sorry to resurrect a very old thread, but was there ever an answer as to why pin 6 was pulling up to the positive rail?  I am having the same issue on my proco rat build and I can't figure out how to fix it.  Some bridge somewhere?  Thanks

antonis

Bridge is the most common issue.. :icon_wink:

A less frequent cause could be "open" NFB loop (no connection between pins 6 & 3)..
Op-amp is saturated to positive supply rail due to extremely high open loop gain..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..