Small Bear - Store Front Makeover!

Started by Arcane Analog, January 10, 2013, 02:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcane Analog

It appears Small Bear has updated the ordering page interface. Much improved!

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/StoreFront

smallbearelec

I am working on it. What you saw was a first look at a new template set that my shopping cart vendor is tweaking for me. The change will happen this quarter and will include a re-org of categories to allow easier drilling down. I knew it was needed, just had to make time for a fairly large projerct.

Regards
SD

Mugshot

noice! i find the old page difficult to navigate. im eyeing some boxes and pots and knobs.  ;)
i am what i am, so are you.

kodiakklub

oh thank god!!! i suggested this MONTHS ago. i even live in park slope and can pick up orders but the website was stuck in 1996. CAN. NOT. WAIT. to see the new site. and to be a customer again. i was so worried months ago when you said you were about to release a big project venture and it wasnt going to be a new website. i figured you were never going to update the site. i hope you understand that in this day and age, looks and functionality are everything to a website. (stellar customer service helps too  ;)) cant wait for the final version.

Droogie

Fellow Park Sloper here. These guys have been rockin' it! I've ordered at 3pm and been able to pick up after 6. Amazing service!

smallbearelec

Quote from: Droogie on January 12, 2013, 12:29:58 PM
Fellow Park Sloper here. These guys have been rockin' it! I've ordered at 3pm and been able to pick up after 6. Amazing service!

Pls note: The first four months of the year have historically been our Season, when all of the boo-teeks stock up for the year. We do our best to turn around quickly, yea, but it is a little more difficult through abough mid-April or so.

SD

kodiakklub

Quote from: Droogie on January 12, 2013, 12:29:58 PM

yeah i just wish the people in the shipping store didnt act like i killed their dog when i go pick something up from SB. :)

Processaurus

Nice.  Less pages in the categories (Switches, for example) with a lot more items per page would be good, if possible.  A lot of the categories have 10 pages or so, and it's hard to go back and find something you looked at previously (DPDT center off, short lever switches, for example, 5 pages back) without loading a bunch of wrong pages.  Also it would make it easier to stumble onto alternatives and new additions one might otherwise miss with short pages.

kodiakklub

its very simple. copy mammoths website. the ability to to checkmark a list of items and tweak quantities like for pots is the best thing ever. copy that steve. please.

azrael

Looking forward to it.

Any other planned additions to your service/store?
I would love to see those low profile Lumberg DC jacks in there, hehe. ;)
http://www.banzaimusic.com/Lumberg-PSU-1614-09.html

Kipper4

Thanks for a great service SD. As you know I've been looking forward to reading RG Keens book.
Fantastic super fast postage. I'd recommend you to anybody.

I see you also carry EE101 too now.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

tubegeek

Glad to see all the 11215 action here! I'm just across the mighty Gowanus on Union near Smith. (11231) So I have to ride my bike up the hill to collect my stuff.

"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

zombiwoof

Hey Steve, is it possible to save your cart on your web store?.  I haven't figured out how to do it.
Thanks,
Al

smallbearelec

Quote from: zombiwoof on December 12, 2013, 11:23:41 AM
...is it possible to save your cart on your web store?.

Hi--

When you create a cart, it's preserved for 72 hours. Can't make it longer than that because of capacity limits on the server. Also, I have often been asked whether it would be possible to create Bills of Materials that could be loaded with a single click. It can be done with a script that runs on top of the shopping cart, but I need to work with my hosting company on implementing this in a way that doesn't crash the server. I will be looking into it next year.

Regards
SD

gena_p1

It's good idea to edit captcha terms for multiposition orders.

Time ago I made order for 30+ positions. After 20 positions, or so on, site sent me captcha for every new position, it was real torture to make long order.
It looking fine to sent captcha on every 5 or 10 new positions, to prevent spam.

But at all, Small Bear Electronics is best store for diyers. I even made searcher for it. I put multiposition bill of materials, and it searching all postitions on Yours site.