True Bypassing the new plexitone

Started by rockhorst, January 24, 2013, 11:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockhorst

A guy asked me if I could TB his Carl Martin Plexitone (new, single version in gold box). He's complaining about his bass frequencies and I have to (at least slightly) agree with him. A quick test shows that the lower frequencies get attenuated in bypass (without the excessive high end that some buffers retain). I've read that they updated the capacitors on the input on this version. So I looked at the pedal and I can't see an easy fix, especially since the input jacks are board mounted and there's quite some SMD going on.

Anybody familiar with TBing this thing or knows a good fix for the attenuated bass? Got a gut shot if necessary. Tx.
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

pappasmurfsharem

Quote from: rockhorst on January 24, 2013, 11:03:53 AM
A guy asked me if I could TB his Carl Martin Plexitone (new, single version in gold box). He's complaining about his bass frequencies and I have to (at least slightly) agree with him. A quick test shows that the lower frequencies get attenuated in bypass (without the excessive high end that some buffers retain). I've read that they updated the capacitors on the input on this version. So I looked at the pedal and I can't see an easy fix, especially since the input jacks are board mounted and there's quite some SMD going on.

Anybody familiar with TBing this thing or knows a good fix for the attenuated bass? Got a gut shot if necessary. Tx.

This won't be the best in diy fashion. You could build a TB loop box and have his pedal on all the time assuming he is happy with the engaged sound. That way you could avoid potential SMD hazards.
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."