so i built this project i found on a french site...

Started by pinkjimiphoton, February 06, 2013, 07:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

well, now you're the go to man for tremolos, and I see a good few questions lurking .....
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

pinkjimiphoton

lol... the blind leading the blind. i don't know shit about tremolos!!
:icon_eek:
i only know when i like 'em. :icon_lol:
:icon_twisted:
and the easier, the better!!!!!
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

pinkjimiphoton

ok, here's a vero-fyed vero for this circuit, with a couple liberties taken...
made the 100u cap 1000u, and the 50k rate pot 500k...much better range of speeds, for me, anyways.
this things buffer is also a booster, and works GREAT.
i used this live last nite, and it's the only homebrew mod pedal i have built with ZERO ticking!!

anyways... enjoy. if you want a really simple trem, that sounds good, can be made with crap you probably already have lieing around your junk drawer. look no further.
stupid pedal trick to come. ;)

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

gcme93

Great little layout Jimi, and fantastic looking little trem!

I see how all the wiring matches up to the schem, but I'm confused as to how the mix works :s

Turned all the way one direction, there's no resistance, so Audio out = audio in

Turned all the way the other direction and there's some resistance... so Audio out is a potential divider of mix and the crazy LDR changes?

I guess this is how its working... but I'm still not sure that makes sense in my head...
Piss poor playing is why i make pedals.

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: gcme93 on February 20, 2013, 05:08:44 PM
Great little layout Jimi, and fantastic looking little trem!

I see how all the wiring matches up to the schem, but I'm confused as to how the mix works :s

Turned all the way one direction, there's no resistance, so Audio out = audio in

Turned all the way the other direction and there's some resistance... so Audio out is a potential divider of mix and the crazy LDR changes?

I guess this is how its working... but I'm still not sure that makes sense in my head...

hi george,
this thing works GREAT, i used it live last nite, loud, thru a variety of models on my cyberdeluxe. no ticking, and the best part, it acts as a boost.
i don't know if my label for the pots are too good...
the rate and mix controls work as expected, the intensity control varies how bright the led is, and also affects the over all volume of the pedal. it's a really groovy little design!!
the mix basically works exactly as you describe..turned all the way one way, it's input to output. turned the other way, it brings the ldr into play, and the tremolo shorts the output to ground.
it's cool as hell.. try breadboarding it, just a couple parts, and a really nice trem.
the switching works well, too, all you need is a dpdt and you can still have an led....no need for 3pdt!
when the switch is open, the led stays lit.  when the switch is closed, it flashes.(i may have that backwards).

i'll try and up a stupid pedal trick in the next day or two.
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr