Stickers/Decals on Effects Pedals?

Started by nascarbean_97, February 08, 2013, 11:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarbean_97

Is there an alternative to waterslide decals that I can pick up from office max or the like? I'm just wanting to do some simple images on top of my pedals, here's an example of what I'm talking about from toyroom. Hopefully greenie is fine with this.

So just like, clear sticker paper of some sort...? Someone wanna point me in the right direction? Please???

Mustachio

http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Sticker-Project-Inches-04383/dp/B0009DTDYM

There's a bunch on ebay and Ive heard people find good printable media like sticker paper etc at dollar stores.

I have been using this Gloss white sticker photo paper that is "water proof" from ebay .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glossy-Inkjet-Photo-Blank-Create-Your-Sticker-Paper-8-5-X11-10-full-sheets-/121042115143?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2eac1a47

"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

nascarbean_97

Thanks! I'm guessing to water-proof the clear stuff, just a good coat of clear coat will do, hopefully!

ch1naski

I've been on the lookout at office depot, staples, etc., also. Usually they only stock the pre-cut labels.  They did have Avery labels that were almost big enough for a 1590BB enclosure, but I only saw them there once.....
Mockingbird wish me luck.

Mustachio

If your wanting to get something local, You could try walmart I think they carry some paper like this. And any craft or hobby store, even fabric stores. Places that carry stuff for scrap booking should have the stuff you want.

"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

jimilee

Office Depot had clear Window decals, I've used them on a few builds, works great.

J0K3RX

Quote from: jimilee on February 09, 2013, 10:21:01 PM
Office Depot had clear Window decals, I've used them on a few builds, works great.

Yes they do carry it... If you use the clear stickers or window decals they work good but watch out for when you tighten up the nuts on the stomp switch and the nuts on the pots, LED's etc.. The stickers and window decals will bind under the nuts and bubble up around the base of the pots and switches.
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

jimilee

True Story. I don't usually crank on them though, and use several layers of polyurethane also.