Can someone look at this diagram? Will this work.

Started by blues_mang, February 11, 2013, 05:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EATyourGuitar

and you said you want this too. the only down side to this simple system is the two LED's drawing current from one resistor might make it a little dim when both switches are closed.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

gcme93

Thanks EAT, that seems like quite a pretty way of doing this. I was working from the R.G Keen schem and making sure that the rest of the circuit fitted with that, but yours is definitely a lot cleaner. I have to say I'm a little confused as to where the LED switch fits in to your first schematic post, but I'm going to gracefully bow out of this thread I think - I've provided a slightly messy method but I hope it's quite easy to follow theoretically.

Hope this has given you some good ideas for how to work in your control switch Brian! Of course there's always going to be many ways of solving the problem ;)

George
Piss poor playing is why i make pedals.

EATyourGuitar

the third schematic is the same as the second schematic. the only difference is that it is mounted in the amp internally so I did not draw the mono jack. they are actually all connected. the red wire is the tip in the first schematic and the black wire is the sleeve in the first schematic. if you use a plastic mono jack on the amp, you can not possibly wire it backwards cause it will still work either way. same thing for the amp panel switch. mixing the red and black wires up is no problem. the first schematic only cares is its closed or open circuit to ground. you can use a metal mono jack on the amp if you follow my schematic exactly.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

blues_mang

Well, I know it has been over a year since I first posted this, but I finally got around to trying this. Everything is finally wired up and everything is looking like it's working like it should... but I'm not passing any signal. When I turn the up the volume, all I get is super loud static. So, I've checked all my wiring then went to a signal tester. When the amp is off, I get signal through the probe on the wire that is going from the input jack to the IN of the CD4053 board as shown above. When I turn on the power switch (just the power, not the standby) of the amp and probe the same wire, I get the same super loud static. There is a hint of the signal, but it's pretty much drowned out by the static. Now this is just one wire going from the input jack to the board, so it's not passing through any circuit yet. 2 things I'm thinking and correct me if I'm wrong: 1.) A bad ground? 2.) The wire goes from the input jack on one side of the chassis, underneath the amp circuit board to the other side where the CD4053 board is. Is it possibly picking up static from somewhere on the board like the tubes or the power wiring?

Anyone have ideas, I'd appreciate. I think I'm close to getting this to work... just need a little guidance if you will. Thanks.
If you ain't gots da blues in yo shoes, then you got a hole in ya soul.

blues_mang

Ok, I took the input wire off the CD4053 board and I get signal with the audio probe. If just touch the end of the input wire to hole on the stripboard (where it's supposed to be soldered) I get the loud hum and the signal is gone. So I think I've eliminated that the power wiring is contributing to it. Next, I guess I'll eliminate the CD4053 board and put the input and output wires directly to the reverb board and see what that does. That would at least narrow it down to the CD4053 board. Anyone have any ideas in the meantime?
If you ain't gots da blues in yo shoes, then you got a hole in ya soul.