True bypass switching help

Started by trixdropd, February 12, 2013, 02:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trixdropd

I wanna build a 2 loop true bypass looper based on relays to facilitate remote switching. I want to use a trs jack for the foot switch input. It's real simple to do if I wanna have tip to sleeve be loop 1 on and right to sleeve be loop 2 on. Sometimes, this is the functionality I will need. Other times, I wanna make tip to sleeve toggle between loop 1 and 2 and eliminate the ring connection. I can't figure out how to make a switch that will change the "mode". Anybody have any ideas? 

stirfoo

Do you really need a "mode" select? If you use two switches to toggle the loops just turn one on, the other off, then stomp both at the same time to switch loops.

trixdropd

Quote from: stirfoo on February 12, 2013, 06:10:13 PM
Do you really need a "mode" select? If you use two switches to toggle the loops just turn one on, the other off, then stomp both at the same time to switch loops.
I do. I am gonna utilize the footswitch function from my GMajor to trigger the looper box. When in flip flop mode I want to only need 1 switching function, freeing up the 2nd for something else. I press 1 button on my midi controller and switch several things at once.

trixdropd

Anybody have a way for this to work?

R.G.

I can think of ways, but they're not simple hard-switching ways. There may be a way, but it may be complex in only switch/relay logic.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

trixdropd

Quote from: R.G. on February 21, 2013, 09:04:12 PM
I can think of ways, but they're not simple hard-switching ways. There may be a way, but it may be complex in only switch/relay logic.
I was afraid of that. I do feel better now that I couldn't figure out a simple way.  ;)

Thanks!

slacker

If you only want to use one of the outputs of the G Major you send the output to one of your relays and an inverted version of it to the other. This will then switch between the loops depending on whether the output of the G Major is shorted or open. R.G. probably has something at Geo that will do the job.
To change modes you then have a switch that connects either the inverted output or the second G   Major output to one of the relays.