Tayda sales???

Started by Canucker, February 15, 2013, 10:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canucker

How often does Tayda have their 15% off sales? They had two in January but nothing so far this month. I missed out on the others because I didn't have paypal until two days after the last one.

armdnrdy

They post a 15% off coupon on Facebook before you need any parts and it usually ends right before you figure out what you need to order!  ;D

They used to come more often....but now about once a month....randomly.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Canucker

I have my order all set...close to 800 parts...I had it ready and a credit card in hand when there was three hours to go last time...thats when I learned it was paypal only. So far I've saved 100 percent  :P

aion

For future reference, you should still be able to pay with a credit card using PayPal, even if you don't have an account. There's a sort of "guest checkout" option.

mremic01

I get the impression that Tayda has created something of a "if you give a mouse a cookie" situation with their coupon codes.
Nyt brenhin gwir, gwr y mae reit idaw dywedut 'y brenhin wyf i'.

reveal

They announce them on facebook. 

Kesh

Quote from: mremic01 on February 16, 2013, 01:00:27 PM
I get the impression that Tayda has created something of a "if you give a mouse a cookie" situation with their coupon codes.
agreed. all that sense of entitlement isn't classy

Vince_b

15% Discount Coupon Code : 666000
Valid till 21 February 2013 ( 1pm New York time )

Too bad I made a really big order yesterday.

Jdansti

Thanks! Naturally I'm not ready to order, but I just placed it on my Outlook calendar as a reminder.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Pyr0

cool, got over 1000 items in my basket (mostly resistors). I normally miss these, or order the day before they post the discount.

Canucker

This mouse is gonna enjoy the cookie!

I'm guessing they put the sales on once the job of picking parts dips below a certain point....probably compared to the same month the previous year...otherwise I'm guessing there would only be sales in the summer since thats when most retail/wholesale slows right down.

chromesphere

Bastards...

Just put an order in last night lol

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

Canucker

How large are the orders you guys usually purchase? This is my first time ordering from them so there is a lot of stuff I need. 774 parts right now and only like twenty of those are resistors (cus those I have TONS of). I'm worried that the larger the order the more likely there will be some wrong parts.

chromesphere

I think the most i ever order was about 100 bucks worth of stuff, small parts mainly.  Cant remember how many parts, but yeah, there was a tonne of stuff.  Not one mistake :|

I also choose express delivery.  Got the stuff in 5 days !!!

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

EATyourGuitar

Quote from: chromesphere on February 17, 2013, 10:33:28 PM
Bastards...

Just put an order in last night lol

Paul
me too. and I even checked facebook first  :icon_cry:
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

Jdansti

Quote from: Canucker on February 17, 2013, 10:46:58 PM
How large are the orders you guys usually purchase? This is my first time ordering from them so there is a lot of stuff I need. 774 parts right now and only like twenty of those are resistors (cus those I have TONS of). I'm worried that the larger the order the more likely there will be some wrong parts.

True, the more parts one orders, the increased odds of something being missed; however, this applies to all vendors.  I've always had good luck with Tayda. The one thing they do well is deliver each part # in an individual clear zip top bag with a label stating the quantity ordered, the part #, and the value or description of the part. The one thing that they don't do is give you a packing slip. So print out your order, and when the package arrives, inventory everything. If they missed something, just notify them and I'm sure they'll make it right.  Human error happens, but my experience has been perfect delivery with Tayda, Small Bear, Mouser, Digikey, and DIYStompboxes Store. If I've ordered from anyone else, it was probably a one or two part order that I can't recall.
  • SUPPORTER

nomorebetts

Yeah they have no problems making good on any mistakes.

When they first started stocking 1590a's I ordered one and received a small tactile switch in a little zip lock bag clearly marked with "1590A Enclosure" printed on the label.  :D

I simply emailed them about the mistake and they credited my account for my next order.
I like Big Muffs! and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...

Jdansti

Quote from: nomorebetts on February 18, 2013, 12:29:48 AM
Yeah they have no problems making good on any mistakes.

When they first started stocking 1590a's I ordered one and received a small tactile switch in a little zip lock bag clearly marked with "1590A Enclosure" printed on the label.  :D

I simply emailed them about the mistake and they credited my account for my next order.

I'd like to see a photo of the circuit you put in that tactile switch! ;)
  • SUPPORTER

Canucker

Don't forget the deadline is almost here. I just placed my order after quickly adding another 70 parts of course. I swear if I started building when it got here and didn't stop till I was out of parts I'd miss summer completely.

Arcane Analog

I regularly place orders with Tayda with part counts in the thousands and I have never had a single error made. Not one.
Edit: I had a single pot arrive from my last order that had a broken lug. I did not bother bringing it up with them as I could not be happier with the service.

By comparison, Mammoth cannot manage to send a single correct order at under 50 parts. I have had multiple orders under 20 parts that were flawed. I do not think I have ever had an order from Mammoth that did not have an error or a blemished enclosure.