M51134 OCTAVER

Started by jovesdies, February 26, 2013, 09:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jovesdies

Here's a simple octaver (octave down) based on M51134 IC. This is NOT a DOD MEATBOX.
It works perfect on bass.
Two simple mods: C6 2,2uF and R9 250k pot to adjust input gain. Too much gain causes distortion.
The sample is at 1/3 of octave volume.
Schematic and sample download at : www.jovesdies.it/pedals/m51.rar

Mark Hammer

Interesting chip.  Thanks for that.  Where could a person get them?

hymenoptera

Hi, I'm reopening this thread to ask what I have to do to read the contents of that rar file.

jovesdies, if you find this, let me know what I have to do to open that file. I saved it to my hardrive probably a year ago, but I've never been able to open it.

Thanks!
"Radio Shack has nothing for anyone who's serious about electronics." - Jeri Ellsworth

duck_arse

when I klik that link I get not found. if you have the .rar, it should open in any good de/compress/archiver program. surely?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

hymenoptera

winrar says it's damaged. maybe i should download a better archiver, lol
"Radio Shack has nothing for anyone who's serious about electronics." - Jeri Ellsworth

~arph

Resurrecting an old thread. I am transferring the hand drawn schematic to Eagle, but I can't locate R18 and R19 on the schematic. ( both 47k )
Also on the BOM the two 100R's in the power section are omitted.

jovesdies

Hi.
Sorry for the error. Change R23,R24 in the power schematic with R18 and R19. Also, you can connect C6 to Vb or to Ground. The two 100's resistors are for Hum.

~arph

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply!
That is clear. I understood the purpose of the 100R's. I just mentioned it for people going by the list of resistors.
Good job, looks like I'm finally going to try this circuit (I bought a few M51134 years ago)

jovesdies

simple changes :
- remove R23 & R24 and connect pin 4 of M51134 to pin5
- remove R17 and let pin7 float
- C15 100uF and C16 46uF
- replace R9 with a 50K pot or with a trimmer (this control the sensitivity : turn down for bass and turn up for guitar)
- R5 can be lowerd to 12K for more lower octave output
- C6 can go to Ground instead of Vb

roseblood11

Can somebody upload the files again, please?

~arph

roseblood11

Thanx!

Has anybody built this, or have a layout for it?

I have to order a M51134P for a repair job (Ashdown ABM bass amp), and if this circuit is worth the effort, I'd buy a few more...

~arph

I have ordered the ICs years ago, never got around to building this. its still on my list of things to try

roseblood11

If it works as good as the sub octave in the Ashdown amps, it's really worth it. But they just used this IC in the early versions, it was replaced by a much simpler transistor based circuit in the "Evo II" series. Unfortunately, I couldn't find out why...

anechoic

Quote from: jovesdies on May 31, 2016, 05:10:07 AM
Hi.
Sorry for the error. Change R23,R24 in the power schematic with R18 and R19. Also, you can connect C6 to Vb or to Ground. The two 100's resistors are for Hum.

did you mean to indicate a 5534 instead of a 5532 on your schematic?