The big rollover!

Started by Mark Hammer, April 02, 2013, 11:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

This makes my 20,000th post.  I've been saving it.  Almost as thrilling as watching the odometer on my old car round the 100k mark, and see all those 9s turn into zeroes as my son and I did circles in the parking lot, waiting for it to happen.  Thanks to one and all for answering so many queries so expertly and thoroughly, so I didn't feel the need to tap-tap away.  Like B.B.King used to say on those glucometer commercials "These 10 fingers are all I've got".

As near as I can tell, this is an artificial inflection point.  Those of you who have been here longer know that the forum has undergone several incarnations over the years, as different software engines became available, and we underwent facelifts.  On each of those occasions, everyone's posting count was reset.  So, 20k...for real... happened a long time ago.  But, since I wasn't keeping tabs on my post count to know that past+current=20k, I'm relying on this post count.  I guess it's like those folks that are so old, nobody knows what their actual birthday is, so they just pick a day and age, and go with it.

My deep gratitude to all those hundreds and thousands of members who have joined us here during the last decade, and provided interesting questions and challenges to ponder, as well as sage and insightful advice to learn from and help overcome those challenges.  I couldn't have been this verbose without you!

I guess the next significant number will be somebody else hitting 20k or 10k (some are getting close), the one millionth post (although, with the post counts resetting, we may well have passed that ages ago, too), and the 30,000th member.

Nice bunch of folks to hang with.  Keep on keeping on, folks.

wavley

Here's to 20,000 more!

You are a wonderful asset to the forum.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

midwayfair

Can't imagine this place without you, Mark. :)
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

moosapotamus

Cheers! And thanks for all of your contributions, Mark! 8)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

alparent

Congrats!

Thanks for all the intellectual stimulations. Having a chat with you is like a RedBull for the brains!
Thanks for * !

(To much things to list, so I'll use a *)

Jdansti

Congratulations!!!  I always enjoy reading your posts.  Good humor and loads of useful information. Here's to many many more!!!  :)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

bluebunny

^^^ what they said!   ;D

Well done, and thanks!

P.S. Don't stop, just cos ya got to 20000!   :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

rutabaga bob

A nice milestone...keep up the fine work, and thanks for all your help.    Larry
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

markeebee

garcho

I hope all the invaluable information on this forum, thanks to folks like you, Mark, is around for the world to read for a long time. Sometimes, humans really are the best.

Some genius programmer out there should write a 'post sucker' program. Click on Mark's profile and zap 20k posts to your hard drive! Or by thread...

Any-who, thanks fer yer service Mark, happy 20k postday!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Morocotopo

There´s a problem: you can´t post anymore or the post-o-meter won´t be 20.000 anymore!

Oh my!

:icon_mrgreen:

Cheers Mark, you´re one of my teachers, and I don´t mean it lightly.
Morocotopo

alparent

armdnrdy

We need to pitch in and get you a plaque....or a gold watch!  ;D

Mark, Thanks for all of the help! My learning curve is less steep because of your help and reading your posts!
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

digi2t

QuoteAlmost as thrilling as watching the odometer on my old car round the 100k mark

I hear ya brother... I hear ya...

Congrats Mark. Wishing you 20000 more. God knows some of us here still need you.  ;D

P.S. That was my last Mazda. Finally gave up the ghost at 438000, and change.
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

MoltenVoltage

here's to an endless font of knowledge!

cheers!
MoltenVoltage.com for PedalSync audio control chips - make programmable and MIDI-controlled analog pedals!

puretube

gritz

Happy postday and thank you for all those nuggets.

20,000 is a much nicer number imo than 100111000100000, or 0x4E20.   :icon_wink:

Perrow

Given a mere ten seconds per post, that's over two days of continuous writing  :icon_eek:

I'll venture that you've averaged "slightly" above ten seconds (haven't read them all :) ), so I'll thank you for your time and hope you'll continue to share it with us.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

amptramp

Congratulations!

The majority of your posts would take me at least a half hour to compose even if I did have the knowledge you have.  You are one of the people who make this a quality forum to be on.

Arn C.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark

Thanks for all your help throughout the years!!!

Arn C.