Smallbear shopping cart

Started by Canucker, April 12, 2013, 11:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canucker

every time I log back into my smallbear account my shopping cart has been cleared...is that normal? I figured I'd ask you guys since your faster to respond and someone around here can always answer any question I come up with!

Hemmel

It seems the cart is stored on your computer. I added some items in my cart on my work computer, then when I got home and wanted to order, the cart was empty. When I got back to work the following day, all the items were in my cart again.
Perhaps you have an automatic clearing of your cache and temporary internet files ?
Bââââ.

Canucker

hmm not that I know of. Had no problems with Tayda in that respect and I spent three months filling my cart there and from multiple computers....gremlins! Thanks for the quick reply...gives me something to poke around and look for! I know I never put Tayda on a "safe  or save list" of any kind.

kodiakklub

small bear's cart most likely works from a browser's cookies and stores the cart on their server by IP address. tayda probably stores the cart into a temp database by user login. when shopping around the net, i always assume the cart will not be stored on any computer other than the one you start it with.

Canucker

I've come to the conclusion that you guys know more about Everything then i do! But I did manage to snoop around and see that Smallbear has a button for "Save Cart" and another one for "Clear Cart"...I never noticed either before so I guess clear cart is the choice if you do nothing. Thanks for letting me pick your brain on this! Much appreciated There is so much to learn from this hobby and sometimes I get the complex things and miss the obvious ones..