Guitar Tone Cap Question

Started by soupbone, April 21, 2013, 05:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

Quote from: soupbone on April 24, 2013, 08:27:18 PM
Quote from: Paul Marossy on April 22, 2013, 03:39:28 PM
Quote from: GGBB on April 22, 2013, 02:19:13 PM
Quote from: Paul Marossy on April 22, 2013, 01:24:19 PM
There's a "three sound" tone control schematic using two caps and a single pot in Craig Anderton's book called "Do-It-Yourself For Guitarists". Mark's tone control sounds pretty much like what is shown in that book.

I don't have that book, and google won't help me.   :icon_sad:

I'll see if I can make a copy of it for you when I get home from voluntary slavery tonight.
Hehe That's funny Paul!

It's actually a musical reference.  Reknowned sax/flute player, Rahsaan Roland Kirk, had an album that actually charted in the very early 70's, with a "hit" song that the album was titled after, called, you guessed it, "Volunteered Slavery"  (yes, he's playing two saxes at once)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xiu0dd_rahsaan-roland-kirk-volunteered-slavery-montreux-southern-switzerland-mississipi-1972_music#.UXiGlEra7IY

And Derek Trucks' version of same, some 30 years later:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMW3aTe03no

Mark Hammer

Here you go.  I hadn't realized that I wired my bidirectional tone pot  (Fig 3) backwards!  Happily, it works the exact same way.  Personally I don't use the switch, but it looks like it would be useful.

GGBB

• SUPPORTER

Paul Marossy

Actually I'm not familiar with any of these tunes talking about voluntary slavery, but it's exactly how I feel when I have to come to this @#$%&*! job that I hate beyond description. This weekend I should be able to dig up this Anderton thing for y'all. This week has turned out to be way busier than I thought it was going to be.  :icon_confused:

PDGoss

I just did a SSS and put a 500K-A and (2) 250K-A Tone Pots with a .047uF cap; pretty dynamic range. Tele quack and very ballsy on the other end; I was rather surprised.