TonePad Smallclone question

Started by Canucker, May 02, 2013, 02:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canucker

Ok so I finally got my IC's to toss into the smallclone board I made a while back and I'm looking at the layout again....Just below the depth pot and beside the input for the 9+ there are a couple of holes where across it it says RB=EMPTY....I think I'm safe in assuming nothing goes there but what does the RB stand for? an LED to show the rate or something??? Haven't really looked at this project in a bit. Thanks for taking a look! http://www.tonepad.com/getFileInfo.asp?id=97

bluebunny

Ra and Rb are for resistors (4K7 and 2K7) if you're building according to the original EHX design, which has only a depth switch.  If you're going the "depth pot mod" route, then Ra is a jumper and Rb is simply omitted.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Canucker

Thanks! I figured I'd ask now rather then ignore it and then run into it again on another project!  :icon_biggrin:

Canucker

Had to deal with a crappy input jack but fifteen minutes after plugging this thing in and figuring out that was the issue it worked!!!! I'm slightly stunned. I had already picked out a nice piece of wall to bang my head on for the next few days or so. I guess its on to the next project!

bluebunny

Good news!  After 30 years of searching, this turned out to be the best chorus I've heard (for bass).
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Canucker

Don't tell my bass player cus I ain't gonna make one for him! Looks like I have to debug a bit after all...the effect is there but 75% of my volume is gone!