so i got this old mxr analog delay <heavy sigh>

Started by pinkjimiphoton, May 04, 2013, 08:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

and tho it passes signal, the sad4096  chip i believe is dead.

pretty sure i'll NEVER find one, but just in case, is there some way to test this i didn't find yet?

this is one of them early plastic cased mxr's from the early 80's...worst case, it's now a buffer pedal.

;)

or is there a sub i can pull off maybe?
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

pakrat

Hi Jimi, didn't someone make a daughter board for the ADA flanger to retrofit an MN3007?  I could be mistaken but... http://moosapotamus.net/ADAflanger-MN3007.html

Govmnt_Lacky

Adapter for a MN3005?

Not many viable options other than that  :-\

EDIT: MAKE SURE you check every cotton pickin' resistor, IC, cap, trace, etc. before you call that 4096 dead! Post some voltages, check clocks, you know the drill!  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

pinkjimiphoton

i will post pics, voltages etc as soon as i am able.

i'm hoping it's some of the supporting stuff that's cooked, but in my experience with bbd's, when the pedal's dead, it always seems to be the dang chip!!!!

this stuff is rocket science to my fuzzy widdle bwain still... i'm not up for the learning curve i don't think!!! lol
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Govmnt_Lacky

One step at a time Jimi... thats the way you get there!  ;D

Make sure you get a clock (or some kind of voltage around V+) at Pins 2 and 16. Then, make sure you are getting signal in at Pin 14. Then, you should see signal out on Pins 8 and 9. I can only assume that your voltages on Pins 8, 9, and 14 should be ~1/2 of V+.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

pinkjimiphoton

i'm debugging a fab overdrive right now someone mailed me (failed solder... big surprise on a 15$ pedal!)

and i have to supervise my boy soldering his second fuzzbox (he gave the first one to dick wagner when he visited a couple weeks ago)

but after that, i'll take a look-see and see what's up.

the bbd and clock are socketed... i did check the voltages last nite, i got full voltage on one pin and half voltage on a couple of the others, but nada on most of the ones in the middle.

so maybe i WILL get lucky and it will be the clock greg, that's what i'm hoping!!!
;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Govmnt_Lacky

pinkjimiphoton

there's an old joke about a granny in a house of ill repute that ends like that...
lol

well, don't stay up tonite bro...
i gotta gig tomorrow afternoon, downbeat at 12:30 so i'm a going to bed as soon as i finish typing this...

i will measure voltages tomorrow nite or maybe monday tho, and see what's what....

finally getting back to "normal"... i gotta finish documenting that polyphaser, too..
;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr