Transistor uses in a mosfet boost pedal

Started by Upspoon, May 10, 2013, 07:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upspoon

(edit: Sorry realised i posted this in the wrong thread, but can't delete it outta here, will put it in appropriate thread.)

Hello everyone,

As a guitar player, and an avid tinkerer i found my way into the awesomeness that is building your own guitar pedals. I want to get into designing new ones as well and i suppose this is where the tinkerer comes out. I only have basic knowlege about building circuits, if anyone knows any literature in regards to circuit building in relation to stomp boxes, down to a very beginner level, i would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Having said that, as a first build, I have put together an order for the AMZ mosfet boost pedal, its simple and has a small amount of components and i figured this would be a great starting place.
My question is regards to this is, i have obviously purchased the mosfet transistors for this thing, i have also come across some ac128 transistors (a matched pair) and wondered if one or both of these could be used in this boost pedal (i know these are used more in fuzz boxes). I'm looking for a more transparent boost, but don't mind if it adds a little flavour.

Thanks for your time!

duck_arse

[edit] when you say you will post in the right place, does that mean I'm answering in the wrong place?
don't make me draw another line.