Old oscilliscopes - should I harvest them for parts?

Started by mthibeau, May 16, 2013, 05:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mthibeau

Buzz

Quote from: amptramp on August 01, 2013, 08:29:16 PM
It wouldn't be too difficult to convert (pervert?) a scope into a fuzz that will show you exactly what it is doing to the waveform.  Seriously, somebody should do this.  Just inputs to the regular scope inputs, outputs from the vertical amplifier and you can watch it all.

I wish I hadn't read that. Now I have to have one. Brilliant idea.

Fortunately, if put at the end of my to do list, I have about three hundred years to source the parts.
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected stompbox machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the MIDI-controller!

duck_arse

QuoteThere are some ancient looking diodes in this thing, as well as a ton of weird coil like things I have no idea what they are...

top pic, below C684, is a string of 4 pi-section chokes. they wound them like that to improve their high freq characteristics, or summink. possibly 51uH, but don't quote me.

it certainly is a thing of beauty inside. the mt box would make a fantastic case for a ..... I dunno, oscilloscope? maybe if I look at your pics a bit longer, I won't have to open my old cro and do those repairs to the trigger section.
don't make me draw another line.

wavley

Some of my best tubes (Amperex Bugle Boys and Telefunkens) came out of a Type 547 that was surplussed from NASA Goddard.  Plus a bunch of fun house marked transistors.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com