I say, any of you chaps got a wiring layout or diagram of a DOD fx60 chorus?

Started by mikeford, May 19, 2013, 11:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeford

Hullo!
Schematics of the DOD FX60 I have, but a wiring layout or diagram would help to ease my mind.
What say ye?
Thanks all!

defaced

I have one at home I can post up when I get there tonight.  I reversed it from the schematic. I remember it being pretty straightforward. 
-Mike

defaced

This is from a DOD FX65-K Board.  The FX60 and 65 used the same board. 
-Mike

mikeford

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Neivid

Hi all folks, thanks for the info.
Defaced, please are there any chances that you could post clear photos of both sides of your Dod fx65 PCB (traces and components)?, I need them to figure out the real differences in component's values of the fx65 compared with that schematic that's floating around on the web. I cannot be able to find a specific schematic for the fx65, so this will be a great opportunity to finally trace it from a real unit. Thanks in advance.
Greetings.

defaced

I don't check the forum often, so I'll send a PM too.  Here's some board pics.  
https://www.dropbox.com/s/37osuprdspt1qde/FX-65%20Board%20Pics.zip
After verifying the values, please post your findings. 
-Mike

Dotnex

I'm glad I found this forum, defaced! I found just recently the need for a stereo chorus, and was always fond of my old FX65's sound. When I plugged it into my pedal-board yesterday, there was a lot of 60hz hum, so I went inside to look for a bad ground. Knowing how DOD made these things back then, I veeeerrrry carefully opened it up. One by one all but a single wire popped off the circuit board, before I could take a picture of it. Your picture was a life, and big money saver! I rewired the whole box with flexible multi-strand, and I works great! Many thanks!!!