Tonepad phase 90 is too loud. How to reduce volume?

Started by JebemMajke, June 07, 2013, 05:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JebemMajke

A friend of mine, for whom i've built phase 90, thinks that his pedal is too loud. How to reduce volume?

armdnrdy

I haven't known any phaser to have a volume boost so....I believe what your friend is trying to relay is that the effect is too prominent.

Many phasers have a depth control which adjusts the range of the LFO signal. When this control is backed off the effect is more subtle.

Here is a link to a schematic that shows where to add a P90 depth control:

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/Schematics-etc/MXR_Phase_90_to_Script.gif.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Slade

What output transistor are you using? There are output level differences with different transistors.

JebemMajke

JebemMajke

Replaced transistor with bc547A, also i've reduced that 150k to 120k ( tonepad recommended mode, for reducing gain ). I think that he will be pleased, it's less louder and it has less gain to it.

harrisxr650

change the 150k resistor which connects between the collector and base of the PNP transistor (should be the last resistor before output if i remember correctly : 120k to reduce gain, 180k to increase it. I used a 250K log pot in mine and it works like a charm.