Where to find small diameter jewel shaped lenses for LEDs?

Started by VintageCharlie, June 29, 2013, 06:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VintageCharlie

Hi folks,

i am about to build a couple of various fender style tremolo pedals and i would like to use the jewel lenses to cover the leds for them. But i don't want to use the huge jewel lenses that are used on amps.

I have seen a couple of builds with exactly what i am after, but i can't find that stuff anywhere. Here are the pics:

This lense and bezel would be perfect

And this one is nice too:

Same or similar also on this Blackstone here:

Only thing i might have found is this - a LED that appears to have a jewel shape itself, but it's only 5mm and not what was used on either of the two examples above:

I would appreciate any help on this very much.

THanks and kind regards,

VintageCharlie

VintageCharlie

Thanks! But these look like the standard Fender type and i would like something similar but at almost half of the size. I'm digging through mouser catalogues, but no luck yet.

pakrat

Yes, I think they are the fender type, and the diameter is 9/16". I would also like some half the size so I'll join in the search.

VintageCharlie

Well, i've looked through all of the lenses pictured on mouser, but none are the jewel type. Maybe some are of that type that have not been pictured, but a search for "jewel" or "jeweled" also yielded no results yet.

pakrat

Some cool stuff here, but still close to 1/2"  http://www.turretboards.com/  click lamps on the left

kodiakklub

looking at the picture above of the blackstone pedal, comparing the diameter to the footswitch which we all know is about 1/2", the jeweled LED looks to be the same size. they are bigger than you think i bet. 1/2" to 9/16" is probably right.

VintageCharlie

To me it looks like they are at about 10mm overall diameter, at least the one on the kingslayer pedal and the one on the first blackstone. A proper fender jewel is about 16-19mm with all the rings around it, etc. - so it's quite a difference. Here is a pedal with the fender size jewel lens:

The lens itself appears to be about half the size on the Blackstone pedal, doesn't it?

kodiakklub

the blackstone vs the kingslayer LEDs are two different sizes. the blackstone is def larger and i would bet is a 7/16" at least hole for it. found these at 14mm:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300879999573?item=300879999573&viewitem=&category=90977&vxp=mtr
not sure if they will just be slightly dim at 9v's

VintageCharlie

Thanks, i've seen those. I'm still hoping to find smaller ones and most preferably small lenses that allow me to put a led beneath them.