MXR envelope filter clone - help needed

Started by timial, July 01, 2013, 03:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timial

Hi everybody.

im messing with a clone of the Mxr envelope filter for a while now, based on the tonepad layout:

http://tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=113

I included all 3 mods and slightly changed some values, like c4 to .01uf and r 14 to 100k.

When i turn on the pedal my signal doesn't change really. there is no quacking or whaing in any switch/pot position at all. i didnt use TI chips and just cant find the freaking error.
any help/advise is appreciated. and yes i have read the other MXR ef posts before but no cigarre.

armdnrdy

Since this isn't DIYmiracleworkers.com

We are going to need a bit more information than that.

You need to read the "what do you do when it doesn't work" thread at the top of the forum.

The part about posting voltages. Many members here can work miracles if they are privy to the voltages.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

timial

I understand  armdnrdy... ;D since im Not able to get to the Pedal until thursday
I cant tell any now 😥.
i tried trimpots and different resistors in r16 and r14 but everytime the sweep gets cut
At the beginning and the there is no sound. I ordered different 4069's and hope this will solve the problem.

armdnrdy

Quote from: timial on July 01, 2013, 10:06:57 AM
I ordered different 4069's and hope this will solve the problem.

I've tried replacing "bad" parts many times to find out that the problem lied more in the human error region.

Without voltages all I can say is look for a solder bridge, bad solder connection, or a incorrect value component.

I have spent days troubleshooting builds, going over everything, pulling my hair out frustrated, only to find that when I punched the schematic into Eagle I forgot to change the value of one resistor!

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

timial

Thanks.

Apologies forthe spelling-mess...stupid autocorrect.Yeah i probably made a tiny stupid mistake i just cant see now. I will measure voltages as soon as possible and cant wait to get this thing up and running.
Another question: i've seen many different ways how people wire up the pot and switches for the mods... any tipp on which is the right way?

cheers

armdnrdy

Stay tuned!

I'll work up a drawing for you.

Here you go.

timial

Wow. Thank you so much for your effort! The thing still doesnt wah though... :(
I'll measure voltages tomorrow and let you know.
I have one more question: do i have to remove the bridges from all of the mod-pads on my pcb?

Once again, thank you for your awesome and kind help!
Cheers

armdnrdy

Quote from: timial on July 04, 2013, 04:43:23 PM
I have one more question: do i have to remove the bridges from all of the mod-pads on my pcb?

If you are talking about F and E, G and H........yes remove them!
Those jumpers are only there if you are not adding the switches and pot for the "mods"