Rate please my gothic and steampunk bodies of pedals

Started by SviS, July 01, 2013, 05:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmoothAction

It would interesting to hear some of your design process as far as the enclosures go (you don't have to spill ALL the beans..), you've got quite a bit going on exteriorly. It looks like you have some proper tools to get the job done. Well done, thats for sure... Its really cool... come on man you know we're all interested..  :icon_mrgreen:
"Never heard a man speak like this man before, never heard a man speak like this man before. All the days of my life ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before."

SviS

seedlings, thank you.
jimilee, thank you. I have demos here www.youtube.com/user/svirkovid. And yes, I design it myself - from schematic to building.
SmoothAction, thank you. It's hardly for me to explain it. I wait for inspiration and I do a new pedal sometimes for pair hours  :) No projects, prepares etc. I haven't proper tools yet  :( But I wish for it :) This work do not give me enough money still ;)
www.svisound.com - handmade guitar pedals

stallik

You produce this quality of work without the right tools? Perhaps that's why they look so steampunk! I'm very impressed
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

seedlings

Quote from: SviS on August 09, 2013, 05:18:39 PM
seedlings, thank you.
jimilee, thank you. I have demos here www.youtube.com/user/svirkovid. And yes, I design it myself - from schematic to building.
SmoothAction, thank you. It's hardly for me to explain it. I wait for inspiration and I do a new pedal sometimes for pair hours  :) No projects, prepares etc. I haven't proper tools yet  :( But I wish for it :) This work do not give me enough money still ;)

Careful.  Behringer might steal your idea and come out with their own steampunk line  :o :D :icon_eek:

CHAD

SviS

Quote from: stallik on August 09, 2013, 07:27:33 PM
You produce this quality of work without the right tools? Perhaps that's why they look so steampunk! I'm very impressed

Head and hands - the main tools. All others - only assistants :)

SviS

Quote from: seedlings on August 10, 2013, 02:11:26 PM

Careful.  Behringer might steal your idea and come out with their own steampunk line  :o :D :icon_eek:

CHAD

Will you be my witness?

seedlings

Quote from: SviS on August 10, 2013, 02:29:15 PM
Quote from: seedlings on August 10, 2013, 02:11:26 PM

CHAD

Will you be my witness?

Will do!

CHAD

chumbox

SviS

SviS

Quackzed

really nice!!! love all the little 'pipes' and cogs, as well as the nice copper frames on the panels very cool !!! anyone who sees that thing is gonna go WTF is THAT?!?! - in a good way!!!
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

stallik

Just reclaimed some copper windings from an old, large electric motor. The lacquer coating appears to have tarnished slightly and would look great for this kind of application?

Another great looking pedal by the way
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

SviS

Quote from: Quackzed on August 24, 2013, 08:10:30 PM
really nice!!! love all the little 'pipes' and cogs, as well as the nice copper frames on the panels very cool !!! anyone who sees that thing is gonna go WTF is THAT?!?! - in a good way!!!

Thank you :)

SviS

Quote from: stallik on August 24, 2013, 08:18:05 PM
Just reclaimed some copper windings from an old, large electric motor. The lacquer coating appears to have tarnished slightly and would look great for this kind of application?

Another great looking pedal by the way

Thank you. Yes, I used lacquer coating in the previous pedals and I will use in some next.

SviS

Govmnt_Lacky

That fuzz-overdrive pedal is so beautiful!

I would be paranoid that I would crush that little cap-with-the-screen-thingy when I went to stomp it  :icon_eek:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

GGBB

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 29, 2013, 02:08:41 PM

I would be paranoid that I would crush that little cap-with-the-screen-thingy when I went to stomp it  :icon_eek:

Yep - honestly - these things belong in an art gallery - they are too beautiful for a pedal board.
  • SUPPORTER

thofmann

Those are really great looking. Do you play them or are they behind glass in a showroom?

DIY-PCBs and projects:

SviS

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 29, 2013, 02:08:41 PM

Thank you! And don't worry - it's very durable - true metal :)