STRIKER VALVE DRIVER

Started by Striker Amplification, July 07, 2013, 09:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker Amplification

HELLO GREAT BUILDERS OF DIYSTOMPBOXES!!!!! iam a fellow builder creator as well iam founder and owner of STRIKER AMPLIFICATION specializing in botique valve amplifier boutique pedals and preamps everything i build is handwired point to point constructed, the reason for my joining the site is to unvail 5 pedal designs that i have had under lock and key for quite some time, i have spent nearly 5 years perfecting and engineering these pedals thus being the reason i have not wanted to unvail then due to their unique tonal qaulity and texture but! today iam going to post these designs one by one for your building pleasure, i can promise you that your selecting to build these will not be regretted! ;D all of these pedals are VALVE DRIVEN they operate entirely on low voltage, why not high you ask? when a vacuum tube is given more plate voltage it also amplifies with greater head room, it requiers an additional driver just to pass over into a saturated signal now with a low voltage drive design in mind your plate voltage is dropped and the valve opperates on starved plate characteristics, the result of these characteristics are natural harmonic distortion and saturation with very low screen grid millivoltage signal, and coupling this starved plate with a flooded cathode, wich is where we eliminate the negative bias resistor for the cathode and redirect the cathode voltage straight to ground, ths we get mutch better texture and wonderfull harmonic saturation. my email is
:striker_amps@yahoo.com if you have any! questions email me whenever you would like to day or night i will answer you promptly! thanks alot guys ! keep on building ,creating, and most of all have fun!
Builds:Plexi superlead mkll 100,plexi superlead mkll 50, 59 plexi, 59 4x10 bassman, marshall bass and PA head 100, JTM45, modded JTM45-lead,JCM800 lead 50.

theehman

Maybe you should've spent some of that time on punctuation, spelling, and grammar skills. 
Ron Neely II
Electro-Harmonix info: http://electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com
Home of RonSound effects: http://www.ronsound.com
fx schematics and repairs

Striker Amplification

was that even needed? you feel insulted, i have avoided horrible people like you whom have nothing good to say about anybody and are insulted by the least bit of know how just flowing freely out of anyone elses mouth, and i know you insecure, thats okay but there is no reason to take that out on me, after all i do stock nothing but electro harmonix valves
Builds:Plexi superlead mkll 100,plexi superlead mkll 50, 59 plexi, 59 4x10 bassman, marshall bass and PA head 100, JTM45, modded JTM45-lead,JCM800 lead 50.

theehman

Quote from: STRIKER AMPLIFICATION on July 07, 2013, 09:56:06 AM
was that even needed? you feel insulted, i have avoided horrible people like you whom have nothing good to say about anybody and are insulted by the least bit of know how just flowing freely out of anyone elses mouth, and i know you insecure, thats okay but there is no reason to take that out on me, after all i do stock nothing but electro harmonix valves

Sorry, wasn't trying to be insulting.  I just wanted to point out that you should've spent more time on writing your post.  As it is, I lost interest in reading it about 2 sentences in since I could barely tell where one sentence stops and the next begins.  I used to get regular emails from a customer that were like yours except all in caps.  That's probably why it bothers me more than some other people.

Why not put together a site with your pedals?  i'd like to see them even though I really don't use any pedals on my bass.

I have no affiliation with EHX other than being a former collector of their pedals.
Ron Neely II
Electro-Harmonix info: http://electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com
Home of RonSound effects: http://www.ronsound.com
fx schematics and repairs

Striker Amplification

ah, thats alright, i have actually been up for 36 hours without sleep working at my bench so im not typing correctly. i would love to show you my pedals

digi2t

Quote from: theehman on July 07, 2013, 09:45:58 AM
Maybe you should've spent some of that time on punctuation, spelling, and grammar skills. 

I don't believe that was an attack by any means, but rather, just constructive criticism. Your opening blurb, while enthusiastic, is poorly written, and hard to read. Even by internet translator site standards. This may have not been meant as an insult, but simply an observation.

As most of us here come here to learn and share, we must also be prepared to face the points of view, wisdom, and at times, objections or criticism of our fellow forumites. While at times, ego's being what they are, it may be a tough pill to swallow, it is however part of the learning curve. There will always be someone stronger, faster, smarter than you, which leaves you with two options; adapt, or perish.

With that said, I humbly recommend these following steps to aid in quenching your blind anger;
1) Extend your index finger.
2) Lick the end of it, to moisten it lightly with saliva.
3) Turn the page.

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers,
Dino
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

Striker Amplification

Striker Amplification

where in the hell do i post my schematics.......? anybody

FiveseveN

Hello and welcome!

Quote from: STRIKER AMPLIFICATION on July 07, 2013, 09:29:36 AMthe result of these characteristics are natural harmonic distortion and saturation
History and more recent experiment shows us that pleasant (though obviously you can't please all people all the time) results can be obtained from all sorts of strange, cobbled together, unorthodox and "wrong" designs. My question is: what makes the character of your circuit's distortion "natural"? The reason behind my query is hope that you won't say "because it uses valves", since
1. Starved plate designs distort quite differently from traditional "valve amps".
2. There is nothing inherently "natural" in "valve sound". That sort of meme is spread by people who confuse the terms "natural" and "traditional".

Quotewhere in the hell do i post my schematics.......? anybody
You have to host images on a dedicated service like ImageShack and use the embedding code
[img]your image's URI[/img]
to include them in your post.
Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

Striker Amplification

ok, good point, let me re-phrase. what i was meaning by "natural" was, the valve is not being driven by any other analog source I.E a transistor and or OP AMP. it is in fact the VALVE working on its own impulses ,what it will NATURALLY DO if the drivers screen grid is  overloaded by the preamplifiers output.

Striker Amplification

and no, not due to the fact that it uses valves. you will just have to see. one thing that sets it apart is the fact that it does not sound like complete trebly crap and or bassy overloaded crap, flabby ect.....

R O Tiree

...you fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way...

Striker Amplification

armdnrdy

Quote from: STRIKER AMPLIFICATION on July 07, 2013, 09:29:36 AM
HELLO GREAT BUILDERS OF DIYSTOMPBOXES!!!!!

I am a fellow builder/creator as well as founder and owner of STRIKER AMPLIFICATION.

STRIKER AMPLIFICATION specializes in boutique valve amplifier pedals and preamps. All of the designs are hand wired with point to point construction.

My reason for joining this site is to unveil five pedal designs that I have kept under lock and key for quite some time.

I have spent nearly five years engineering and perfecting these pedals. It is for this reason and due to their unique tonal quality and texture that I have been hesitant to unveil them. 

I have decided that today I am going to post my designs one by one for your building pleasure!

I can promise that if you choose to build one of my designs, you will not regret it! ;D

All of my pedal designs are valve driven and operate entirely on low voltage.

You may ask: Why not supply the tube with a high plate voltage?

When a vacuum tube is supplied with a high plate voltage, it amplifies with greater head room. An additional driver is required to pass over into a saturated signal.
With a low voltage drive design, your plate voltage is dropped and the valve opperates on starved plate characteristics.
The result of these characteristics are natural harmonic distortion and saturation with very low screen grid millivoltage signal.
Coupling this starved plate with a flooded cathode, is where we eliminate the negative bias resistor for the cathode and redirect the cathode voltage straight to ground.
The  end result is a better texture and wonderfull harmonic saturation!

My email address is:
:striker_amps@yahoo.com
If you have any questions, email me day or night. I will respond to your inquiry promptly!

Thanks a lot guys! Keep on building and creating, and most of all....... have fun!  ;D

Okay,
For Ron's reading pleasure.....I played ghost writer!
There was only so much I could do!
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

midwayfair

I think this thread got off to a bad start.

Stryker, welcome to the forum.

Some things that might help:

1) I use Wordpress to host my blogs. It's really easy to use and free, and you can upload 3GB worth of pictures ... more than you'll ever need for hosting schematics and build pictures. This is a decent solution if you need a simple website.

2) I also host a lot of layouts and schematics in my Dropbox. Dropbox is really handy because when you update the image, you don't have to post a new link. It'll just update the picture automatically. It's especially helpful for anything you think will change in the future. Plus it'll archive old versions for you, which is very handy if something gets messed up.

3) This is a DIY forum, and many of the people here have built and heard a LOT of stuff. The best way to get people interested is to show a schematic, post a sound clip or video clip if you can, and provide a brief and clear write-up of what's going on in the circuit. There's no need to try to "sell" the concept with marketing speak or anything like that (which you may not realize is how the first post came across, especially because you presented yourself as the owner of a company with your user name). And yes, you're sharing stuff for free, so you probably feel that everyone shouldn't care about how you present it, but unfortunately we're all a little irrational. It's just a Do Like the Romans Do thing. You may want to start a new thread with the schematic to avoid any drama related to the first few posts in this thread after you sort out the image hosting.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

pakrat

Off to a bad start or not, I would love to see the designs  :icon_mrgreen:

J0K3RX

Quote from: pakrat on July 07, 2013, 01:26:44 PM
Off to a bad start or not, I would love to see the designs  :icon_mrgreen:

+1

Never mind the punctuation, spelling and grammar gestapo... :icon_rolleyes:  Let's see/hear what you got!  And thanks for considering sharing your ideas!
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

Derringer

Quote from: J0K3RX on July 07, 2013, 01:31:56 PM
Quote from: pakrat on July 07, 2013, 01:26:44 PM
Off to a bad start or not, I would love to see the designs  :icon_mrgreen:

+1

Never mind the punctuation, spelling, and grammar gestapo... :icon_rolleyes:  Let's see/hear what you got!  And thanks for considering sharing your ideas!

+1 more

deadastronaut

+1 maw.....

eye wanna sea ya stuff 2, mite bee kooal geer.

wellkum. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

J0K3RX

Quote from: deadastronaut on July 07, 2013, 02:59:39 PM
+1 maw.....

eye wanna sea ya stuff 2, mite bee kooal geer.

wellkum. ;)

lmao..  :icon_mrgreen:

Mee tinks he don bin skeered oof?
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!