5 single ended

Started by Striker Amplification, July 07, 2013, 03:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker Amplification

so, i just finished an amplifier i designed to operate with a qaud set of 10 watt single ended output trannys. :icon_mrgreen:
Builds:Plexi superlead mkll 100,plexi superlead mkll 50, 59 plexi, 59 4x10 bassman, marshall bass and PA head 100, JTM45, modded JTM45-lead,JCM800 lead 50.

Striker Amplification

i coupled each transformer, with an el84 power valve, and ran the amplifier in push-pull. each tube has its own driver, and phase inverter. approx output is 50 watts maximum.
Builds:Plexi superlead mkll 100,plexi superlead mkll 50, 59 plexi, 59 4x10 bassman, marshall bass and PA head 100, JTM45, modded JTM45-lead,JCM800 lead 50.

armdnrdy

WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

THAT BOY IS A REGULAR DESIGNATOR!!!!!

Not bad for someone that stays up for "36 hours straight" and is "sleep deprived" (are you sure you didn't have a little sumpin sumpin to help you stay awake?

Back home where I come from.......Californ-I-A.............We have a name for that type!
TWEEKER

We have a saying around here partner........It goes like this........"No guts.....no glory!"
In other words...put up or shut up!
Post schematics and build pictures or we may go on thinking that these things don't really exist!  :icon_wink:
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Striker Amplification

Wow so because im smarter and younger and have a career goal im a tweeker? Put up or shut up? Why so you being a california guy can jack my idea and put it out there as your own? That's right that's what you guys are famous for I forgot. Silly me. I don't have to prove anything to you, but when you see my pedals and amps out for sale you'll know they exist. Have a good day buddy!  :)

armdnrdy

You got me Ryan....you got me good!!

Tell Shelly and Jaxon that I'll miss them!  :icon_cry:
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

J0K3RX

Can we get a taste of what all this is about?? Please?
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

davent

Ryan what's the fifth SE OT being used for?

Thanks!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Jaicen_solo

So you dropped in to tell is you made something cool, but won't show us what it is? Then you tell us you're smarter and younger than us, and we're just here to steal other peoples IP??

I think you need to move along young man, that's not why this place exists, and this attitude has no place here.

SISKO

Quote from: davent on July 07, 2013, 11:46:56 PM
Ryan what's the fifth SE OT being used for?

Thanks!
dave

For power supply, you fool!
--Is there any body out there??--

digi2t

• SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

Striker Amplification

the 5th single ended transformer,....... is the reverb driver. there wil be posts up guys, iam working on an uplaod. :icon_rolleyes: it's coming.

mistahead

Lol - that doesn't count.

I have a five wheeled car... ones in the boot - but chuknow - count everything (and then quote output in RMS lol).

Jdansti

@Forum Vets-I've interacted with most of you guys on other threads and you all seem like knowledgable and decent folks. I agree with being skeptical and cutting through the BS we sometimes find on the forum, but in fairness, I think that Ryan just got off to an awkward start. Being new, he doesn't have the DIYSB "culture" under his belt yet, but I can see him getting there. I hope that those who have decided to attack Ryan on a personal level would stop and keep the conversation polite. He's introduced three designs on three threads, and has provided schematics and discussion on two. He says that he's working on drawings for his third idea (this thread). I'd just like to suggest keeping the discussion friendly and help him integrate.  Yes he has a business, but he's willing to freely share his ideas. There are a lot of other folks on the forum who also sell their pedals and PCBs.

@Ryan- Thanks for sharing your ideas.  As you're probably finding out, this forum is not a good medium for selling certain items. Being a DIY community, most of us like to build stuff ourselves. However, many of us do purchase PCBs from each other, and some of the PCBs sold by forum members were designed with input and technical help from the community. When you have something that you want to share on the forum, it would be best to start off with, "I've got this design and would like to know what y'all think". Have a schematic or block diagram, etc. ready before you post and present it. We really can't have much of a discussion based on text alone, especially if the language in the post sounds like an advertisement.

Regarding personal comments directed at you, try to avoid zinging the offending person back. Keep it polite even if someone is attacking you. At the same time, be open to polite comments that you may not agree with.

Finally, if you have something you wish to sell, there is a For Sale/Trade forum for that purpose.  

Welcome to the forum!  :)

Edit: Ryan's fourth thread starts with a layout for a treble booster.  I think he's got the idea now. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

mistahead

It's true.

Ryan and I have also been chatting, I stirred way too hard though.

Poor form, oooh treble...

Striker Amplification

And boom goes the dynamite.