STRIKER POWER DRIVE SCHEMATICS

Started by Striker Amplification, July 09, 2013, 06:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker Amplification

Builds:Plexi superlead mkll 100,plexi superlead mkll 50, 59 plexi, 59 4x10 bassman, marshall bass and PA head 100, JTM45, modded JTM45-lead,JCM800 lead 50.

tca

"The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." -- William Gibson

Striker Amplification

Builds:Plexi superlead mkll 100,plexi superlead mkll 50, 59 plexi, 59 4x10 bassman, marshall bass and PA head 100, JTM45, modded JTM45-lead,JCM800 lead 50.

slacker

Cool, I take it where you show -9 volts you really mean ground/0 volts?

tca

Quote from: STRIKER AMPLIFICATION on July 09, 2013, 06:28:39 AM
Its an overdrive schematic.
Really, never thought of that? ;)

Can you describe it in more detail? It would be simple, for discussion sake,  if you put down the schematic instead of the PCB.

Cheers.
"The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." -- William Gibson

midwayfair

Quote from: slacker on July 09, 2013, 06:49:16 AM
Cool, I take it where you show -9 volts you really mean ground/0 volts?

I certainly hope so, otherwise this is like a burst box with one wire missing.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

mistahead

I'm glad someone else used the same dodgy shorthand and was called on it before me lol, I would have drawn that with the same incorrect 9v- instead of GND.

I can see multiple gain stage Q's, one of which is driving a second clipping section in the saturation... am I seeing the first asymmetrical section cascade into a tighter symetrical section there with the saturation stage basically being a drive control onto the second gain/clip stage?

Correct me if I'm wrong - I'm just guessing a little.

Striker Amplification

Yes thats right, the more MV drive stage Q1 produces the more compressed Q2 becomes, then carried on so forth to Q3 where it gets its final texture makeup. ;)

mistahead

Hahah - love the idea mate  ; :icon_wink:

Scary that I'm starting to understand this from schem/layout.

Striker Amplification

T :icon_cool:hat can only be good though!

Rock_on

I wish this would sound good. Better than 5th Gear Overdrive

And this is a little more challenge to me.. Hahaha time to level up my skills.

P.S this is on my next on my list

Striker Amplification

Nice man! give it a shot ........ya just might like what you get ;)

pinkjimiphoton

man, you must have great luck with them nte47's, all the ones i'd bought were way over priced and so low gain as to be unusable... when not so leaky they were unusable!!

;)
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

kurtlives

lol I am really enjoying reading your threads TS!
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com