Striker plexi drive schematic

Started by Striker Amplification, July 10, 2013, 06:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker Amplification

Builds:Plexi superlead mkll 100,plexi superlead mkll 50, 59 plexi, 59 4x10 bassman, marshall bass and PA head 100, JTM45, modded JTM45-lead,JCM800 lead 50.

artifus

Striker Amplification

Builds:Plexi superlead mkll 100,plexi superlead mkll 50, 59 plexi, 59 4x10 bassman, marshall bass and PA head 100, JTM45, modded JTM45-lead,JCM800 lead 50.

artifus

you have access to and use of google, or some other search engine, yeah?

Striker Amplification

Im on the internet talking to you arent i?

artifus

use that clever a little bit further and you'll go far

Striker Amplification

artifus

Striker Amplification

And i doubt you have any real idea how to do half of what you think you do, my designs are original not copyright, cant say the same for you.......have a nice day artifart.

Striker Amplification

Thats what happens when you approach people with ill intentttttt :icon_lol:

artifus

Quote from: STRIKER AMPLIFICATION on July 10, 2013, 07:04:14 PM
And i doubt you have any real idea how to do half of what you think you do, my designs are original not copyright, cant say the same for you.......have a nice day artifart.

you got me! well done you!

enjoy your life my friend - better luck in the next one!  :P

Striker Amplification

artifus

midwayfair

What is supposed to make this sound like a Plexi? No tone stack? What advantage does a second transistor have over just building an Electra distortion?
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

george

You have clipping diodes to ground connected to the output, so my guess is that the output level of this thing is going to be very low

Striker Amplification

Not really, the signal has still been preamplified, without clipping its too loud, even with the output clipped its still louder than bypassed signal.

Striker Amplification

And as for "how this will sound like a plexi"? its a very clean yet extremely saturated signal, jimmy page all the way buddy :icon_twisted: don't knock it till ya rock it brotha.

midwayfair

Quote from: STRIKER AMPLIFICATION on July 10, 2013, 09:24:26 PM
And as for "how this will sound like a plexi"? its a very clean yet extremely saturated signal, jimmy page all the way buddy :icon_twisted: don't knock it till ya rock it brotha.

I know what transistors plus hard clipping diodes sound like, and I'm not commenting on the sound, which may very well be just as good as other germanium transistor + hard clipping setups. I'm asking why you're saying it sounds like a plexi when there is no obvious attempt to mimic the tonal response of the amp or include amp's tone stack. There isn't even a gain control identified. The input cap cuts a HUGE amount of bass, even more when you consider the low impedance created by gaining up the transistor like that (maybe a couple hundred K at most?)

You also haven't identified the diodes used. This is beside the fact that symmetric hard clipping diodes bear very little resemblance to tube triode breakup.

So why not just call it an overdrive instead of attaching the name of a (highly recognizable) amp to it?
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

rousejeremy

Join
f
r
e
e
s
t
o
m
p
b
o
x
e
s
c
o
m

if you want to reach a larger diy audience with your designs.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

R O Tiree

Am I missing a trick, here, or is there no bias voltage getting to Q2 base at all? In which case, Q2 collector is going to get stuck at +9V and you won't get anything out of this circuit as drawn at all... Well, a tiny bit of heat, maybe...
...you fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way...