What Would You Like to have 'In a Box'?

Started by Philippe, July 16, 2013, 04:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

Though I don't use one, the BSIAB2 has been pretty much dialed in. Is it still possible to create something along the lines of an AC3O IAB or a Garnet Herzog IAB using ss components and a pcb? *curious*

wavley

New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

pappasmurfsharem

I've never been fond of any of the ROG stuff, at least I've never heard a decent demo.

But they have the english channel based off of a AC-30 http://www.runoffgroove.com/englishchannel.html
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

tca

The Herzog seems to have made some appearances over the years (and the accompanying requests also)... but nothing tangible, yet.

Cheers.
"The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." -- William Gibson

mth5044

pickdropper

mremic01

Well, the Dr Boogey is a great Recto-In-A-Box. I've got electrictabs' JCM800 emulator half built, but it never got the attention and tweaking from forumites that the Dr Boogey did, so I'm worried it'll be a trebly mess. It would be nice to see something like that improved so we could have a better JCM-In-A-Box. I say better, but I guess I really need to see how it turns out before I can say that I know what I'm talking about.
Nyt brenhin gwir, gwr y mae reit idaw dywedut 'y brenhin wyf i'.

wavley

Quote from: pickdropper on July 16, 2013, 08:27:30 PM
Quote from: wavley on July 16, 2013, 04:53:26 PM
Helena?

Winner.

(Although I admit that i never saw the movie)

It's ok, neither have I.  I've been meaning to get around to it, but it looks like a pretty creepy movie and you have to be in the right mood for it.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

Mark Hammer

Quote from: wavley on July 17, 2013, 09:28:27 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on July 16, 2013, 08:27:30 PM
Quote from: wavley on July 16, 2013, 04:53:26 PM
Helena?

Winner.

(Although I admit that i never saw the movie)

It's ok, neither have I.  I've been meaning to get around to it, but it looks like a pretty creepy movie and you have to be in the right mood for it.

I'm not sure I ever want to see it.  Not a Herschel Gordon Lewis movie, by any stretch, but creepy nonetheless.

Okay, back to pedals.

B Tremblay

Quote from: pappasmurfsharem on July 16, 2013, 06:01:35 PM
I've never been fond of any of the ROG stuff, at least I've never heard a decent demo.

:icon_cry:
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

pakrat

Quote from: B Tremblay on July 17, 2013, 07:21:14 PM

Buck up B....... One of my earliest builds was the ROG Thor and I still love it today. In fact, one of my friends wanted me to build him a dirt box recently and he picked the Thor over all of my other builds, including the BSIAB.

B Tremblay

Thank you. It's great to hear how much you and your friend enjoy Thor.  My weepy emoticon was prompted by the idea that our demo clips have turned off some people to trying the circuits.  Maybe I need to hire PJP to explore the stupid tricks that runoffgroove can do...
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

tca

Here is my run on a H-ZOG idea. Can you guess how many tubes it has?

Cheers.

pappasmurfsharem

Quote from: B Tremblay on July 17, 2013, 07:21:14 PM

Cheer up charlie, there are many RAVEs about your stuff.

It just seems the wrong people demo the circuits I'm interested in. I'm sure in the right hands I would retract that statement

I respect the work put in to your designs ;-)
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

tca

mistahead

Have a look at the guys from In Flames and John5's setup with MM tour.

I want those amps in boxes, of course I have a 30W baby sister amp already, but there is definately something about the big Laney's that is especially unique.

ENGL is a box would be nice too.

Sadly I'm not the target audience for these, I use a hybrid multi which does all the modelling for me - it just lacks good "cleaner" sounds, winding back the filth just doesn't clean it up to a happy place in most of the models.

Ripdivot

Quote from: tca on July 18, 2013, 10:34:48 AM
Here is my run on a H-ZOG idea. Can you guess how many tubes it has?

Cheers.

That demo sounds very Herzogish. I'm guessing no tubes. Care to share?

tca

> That demo sounds very Herzogish. I'm guessing no tubes. Care to share?

Yes, I will. It is still on the breadboard... zero tubes! I'm just finishing the vero layout and some other small things.

Cheers.