DPDT footswitch popping problem

Started by simpleobserver, July 19, 2013, 02:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

induction

Ok. Sorry, that's all I have for now. Good luck.

Jdansti

Have you tried the pedal with a different guitar and amp just to eliminate them as contributing to the problem?
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

simpleobserver

Yeah.   Tried it with a couple combos including different power sources and instruments. 

duck_arse

on your led brightness problem, if 22k is too bright at 9V, it will nearly blind you at 18V as it will have more than 2x the current through it. increase the value of your in-series-with-your-led resistor, often known as a CLR or current limiting resistor, until you get enough dimness to suit your taste. it really shouldn't affect your popp problem one way or another.

is the pedal popping in all instances, or does it not popp when connected to a particular pedal or chain of pedals?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

induction

Three more ideas:

1.  Try another switch.

2.  Measure the DC voltage at pin 1 of the belton and at Vref.

3.  Try moving one of the pots to pin 2, instead of having both on the same output pin.

simpleobserver

Quote from: duck_arse on August 02, 2013, 10:33:59 AM

is the pedal popping in all instances, or does it not popp when connected to a particular pedal or chain of pedals?

It pops when it's in my signal chain and it pops when I test it on it's own.

Quote from: induction on August 02, 2013, 11:08:50 AM
Three more ideas:

1.  Try another switch.

2.  Measure the DC voltage at pin 1 of the belton and at Vref.

3.  Try moving one of the pots to pin 2, instead of having both on the same output pin.

I'll try moving one of the pins.  I seem to have misplaced the probes to my multimeter, not that I really know how to use it anyways, so i might have to get back to you about the voltage on pin 1 of the brick.