True-bypass Boss SP-1 circuit - can someone check this schematic?

Started by aion, July 25, 2013, 08:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aion

I'm looking to make a stripped-down DIY version of the Boss SP-1 Spectrum with the FET switching circuitry removed. I've never done one of these surgical operations to a Boss schematic before so I was hoping I could get someone to look over this to make sure it functionally matches the original.

Original schematic for reference.

Don't worry about figuring out the pot connections - the Boss schematic is very unclear on what's lug 1 vs. lug 3, but I found some good gut shots and was able to verify that if nothing else, at least the pots in my schematic are wired correctly.

My eventual plan is to do a run of PCBs to fit a 1590B for anyone who's interested. The Balance control's dual pot with reverse tapers has historically made this a tough one to DIY, but Small Bear just recently started carrying Alpha 10kA dual PCB mount pots (along with 100kB) and it's very easy to swap out the top wafer of a dual pot -- although getting the new wafer from a normal Alpha pot is a bit of a messy job. But hopefully this will make it a little more accessible for those who have wanted to build a DIY version.

mistahead

Just for clarity sake... I'm not the man for the job.

You want to seperate the FET switch, input buffer, output buffer (I think I see both), from the rest of the diagram inbetween those basically?

aion

Just the FET switch - I'm planning on keeping the input and output buffer inside the circuit, but bypassed when off.

aion