Stuck for "preset alternative" solution on delay build

Started by MrStab, August 26, 2013, 10:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slacker

I'm with Jon, whilst it's technically possible with a rotary switch and a bunch of pots, what's the point. Just use knobs with numbers on or a numbered scale and write the "presets" on the pedal.

scratch

possibly a 'nicer' way of doing this would be to use R.G.'s one-of-n switching and CMOS switches rather than a rotary switch. and make the pushbuttons, momentary  footswitches
Denis,
Nothing witty yet ...

MrStab

i should just give him a pen and paper - the ultimate preset device!

Quote from: scratch on August 29, 2013, 04:52:28 PM
possibly a 'nicer' way of doing this would be to use R.G.'s one-of-n switching and CMOS switches rather than a rotary switch. and make the pushbuttons, momentary  footswitches

i had a look at Geofex but i couldn't really work out how to adapt anything to this scenario (just the number of poles really). i'd ask you to point me in the right direction, but i'm being increasingly less-drawn to these unnecessary frills. thanks for the suggestion, though.
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: MrStab on August 28, 2013, 12:17:16 PM
this'll be one instance where i think i should ask for a deposit - i don't know them personally, it's a friend-of-friends type thing. i have a feeling there's an element of "wow, someone makes stuff! let's milk it" with no regard for either my limitations or sheer practicality. but then, on the other hand, maybe he's on a budget and wants something to fulfil his live needs. either way, after this, i'm going to be less open to custom requests.

People I know sometimes ask me for stuff that is just not practical, they really have no idea what's involved to make something they dream up. And then they think they should only have to pay me $20 because it's "DIY".  :icon_rolleyes: