synthy filters for guitar..

Started by deadastronaut, August 30, 2013, 11:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick d

Glad you like it ! Alas , I did not do a layout as such - more of a " tale that grew in the telling " kind of thing . Never really had the patience to learn how to do proper layouts !

intergalatico

Hello guys,

So lucky to find this post! Thx nick d for the schematic!

I am about to build it but I really want to control it with a CV pedal that works with 0-5V instead of a expression pedal.

How can I modify the expression pedal input to be able to use my CV pedal?

Thank you!

Cheers

nick d

The CV from your pedal should go to the R connection on my schemo . You may have to make other changes , that would depend on which CV pedal you have .

intergalatico

Thank you for answer!

My CV pedal have Ground on the sleeve and + (0-5v) on the tip.

Do you mean I can just connect my tip to the 47k resistor that goes to circuit? And the sleeve goes to the 47k resistor that goes to ground?

Using a expression pedal, I suppose we will be sending something like 0-9v to the circuit. Using my CV Pedal that sends 0-5v, l suppose I wouldn't get the whole range of the parameter, right? (I am sorry, I don't have the skils to calculate this by myself. I can put the things together but I can't develop and change things).

I appreciate any help!

Cheers

nick d

Tip to 47k , yes . Not sure about the gnd , though .

intergalatico

Thank you, nick_d!

I can't find a 47k pot... It is ok to use one 50k instead?

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

intergalatico

Hey Guys,

I just finished on the vero board and works fine! Thank you for this! The CV works too!

The 2 lfo's are a great plus. But... playing around gave me the wish to have a envelope follower to make the freq  follow my pic attack. I don't wanna a auto wah but more like the envelope on the synths. It would be great to have control of the swell of the frequency and also the sensitivity of the attack.

Do somebody knows a envelope circuit like this that I could include on this great filter?

Thank you so much!

StephenGiles

Quote from: intergalatico on October 29, 2017, 06:31:14 AM
Hey Guys,

I just finished on the vero board and works fine! Thank you for this! The CV works too!

The 2 lfo's are a great plus. But... playing around gave me the wish to have a envelope follower to make the freq  follow my pic attack. I don't wanna a auto wah but more like the envelope on the synths. It would be great to have control of the swell of the frequency and also the sensitivity of the attack.

Do somebody knows a envelope circuit like this that I could include on this great filter?

Thank you so much!

If one reverse engineers an EH Riddle QBalls, you would have a very good envelope circuit!!!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

intergalatico

Is done! And was worth the many work hours!

And here on my board:

Thank you for the circuit, nick!

Cheers!

ElectricDruid

That's beautiful. Nice work!

I love the Korg schematic graphics. It's funny how the different manufacturers have their own instantly recognisable house style. At one point I was thinking of taking the Sequential Prophet 5 voice schematic to a print shop to get a large version to hang on my wall. Maybe I read too many synth schematics? ;)

Tom

nick d

Well done ! Excellent work !