News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Need ideas

Started by musiclikscreams, September 02, 2013, 11:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

musiclikscreams

I recently got a bunch of blem enclosures from mammoth. Unfortunately one of em is hot pink. There's no way I'm putting hot pink anything on my board. I was gonna just sand it down and repaint it but was wondering if anyone had any cool ideas of things I could do with it instead.

garcho

Ideas for non-pedal uses of the enclosure? Or ideas to get rid of the paint besides sanding? I would make some hellish octave down doom machine in that pink box and proudly put it on display and own that sh*t. Let everyone else catch up.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Tonemonger

/\ /\ 
Yeah , I'm with Garcho on that one !

musiclikscreams

Ya get rid of the paint ideas. Is a 1590a that I was gonna use for a buffer. I just can't do pink. Guess ill just sand and repaint

garcho

Yeah, I guess a pink buffer is a bit of a let down. :D   Do you have a dremel or similar thing? You can experiment or practice with your metal brush techniques before sanding it all off.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

armdnrdy

One does want a hint of color on their pedal board.   ::)
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

garcho

QuoteOne does want a hint of color on their pedal board.

Mine looks like a candy shop.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

woody alien

How about applying some heat for that pink bugger? Might save some elbow grease. Also, who knows, what kind of color/texture burned pink provides.

anchovie

Lots of stickers, or just gaffa tape if you're not feeling that creative. I'm guessing as it's for a buffer it won't be stomped on, so therefore won't need a hard-wearing finish.
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

psychedelicfish

Only he who is truly comfortable with his masculinity has hot pink on his pedal board.
If at first you don't succeed... use bigger transistors!

GGBB

• SUPPORTER

psychedelicfish

If at first you don't succeed... use bigger transistors!

MaxPower

First thing that crossed my mind: "Big Muff Pi"

Yeah, I know. Blame it on Electro-Harmonix

Seriously, build a pedal of some sort and put it on ebay or something. Someone will buy it.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us - Emerson

haveyouseenhim

Put a waterslide of a taco and call it a ________.  :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

deadastronaut

Buy a matching dress and accessories...

seriously though, i bet a girl would love a pink pedal, stick a pink led in it too.... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

closetmonster.

Candy stripe it and throw a fuzz circuit in there.

Jack White style.

DIMstompboxes

Quote from: musiclikscreams on September 02, 2013, 11:36:28 AM
I recently got a bunch of blem enclosures from mammoth. Unfortunately one of em is hot pink. There's no way I'm putting hot pink anything on my board. I was gonna just sand it down and repaint it but was wondering if anyone had any cool ideas of things I could do with it instead.

Buy like this decal and spray with glossy then put knob on panther's nose  :icon_cool:
http://www.signnetwork.com/Pink-Panther-Head-decal-p-126802.html

musiclikscreams

i think i'm gonna try burning it... sounds like a fun experiment... i'll try and document it and let you know how it turns out.  i got another cool idea for it.  i'll let you know if it works out.  thanks for all the input guys!

bcalla

I have a hot pink enclosure that I am planning to use.  My wife is a nurse in a breast cancer clinic, so we have lots of pink-themed items in my house.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer."
       -- Mark Twain

duck_arse

just build the pink pedal, then learn how to fight.
don't make me draw another line.