Need a layout - madbean drunken dragon (eternity)

Started by ghostsauce, September 10, 2013, 10:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostsauce

I picked up a board in a trade for this, but it is an older version from before the neutrino. Anybody have a layout for it kicking around?

garcho

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

ghostsauce

THAT'S IT! OMGosh you have no idea how much time I spent on google trying to find this..

I just clicked your search link and am trying to figure out where the pic came from.. how'd you get the big shot from photobucket?

garcho

did the google search, clicked on google image, saw the layout, clicked it (it was a tiny icon), clicked on view full website, e prego. cheers!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

ghostsauce

Weird, it doesn't do that for me. I wonder if it's a mac (safari) thing or if you have to be logged in to view the big version. I had found that before but it frustrated me more because I could only see the thumbnail.

Anyways, tyvm for the link.

Mark Hammer

Borrow an idea from the Timmy and turn R4 into a 1k in series with a 5k pot.  Increasing the resistance on that leg from 1k up to 6k will reduce overall gain, but it will also allow you to move the low-frequency rolloff downward from around 720hz (stock) to 120hz,  When you bring back more bass, you'll probably end up with roughly the same degree of clipping, since a lot of signal lives in that zone below 720hz.

Works for me.  You'll probably like it too.

ghostsauce

Hmm, interesting! I'll have to try that out.

Right now it's built but I goofed something with the feedback loop because when engaged, the volume & tone controls work but the distortion knob does nothing and the pedal is completely clean.. Probably a solder joint somewhere, and hopefully not an issue with the board.

chromesphere

Ghost, amazingly, I've got 2 videos in my upload queue on the madbean drunken dragon.  Its one of my favourite overdrives!  I built it when madbean was a static webpage with no forum :D
Paul

PS the websearch doesn't do that for me either.  I cant seem to get a larger image.  Maybe you have to have a photobucket account or something?
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

garcho

QuotePS the websearch doesn't do that for me either.  I cant seem to get a larger image.  Maybe you have to have a photobucket account or something?

Weird. I have no account at Photobucket, which I must admit I'm not a fan of. I included a link to the photobucket page here; is it the same one y'all looked at before?
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

ghostsauce

Looks almost the same except there is a link at the bottom to view full website, which lets me access the big version.

chromesphere - any chance you used the same layout? Madbean does good stuff but it doesn't SAY that it was verified so i have to wonder. It's probably a goof on my end though, I built it pretty quick.

garcho

EDIT: i'm an idiot, the op amp is upside down. Sorry.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

garcho

Basically a Tube Screamer sans transistor stages, yeah?
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

chromesphere

This was YEARS ago...I think it actually could have been the layout without the copper pour.  maybe...
Well, mine worked, id say there is probably only pne version going around?
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

ghostsauce

QuoteEDIT: i'm an idiot, the op amp is upside down. Sorry.

The opamp in that layout you linked to is upside down?! :s No it's not

garcho

QuoteNo it's not

It's a dual op amp; pin 8 is Vcc pin 4 is ground. Also, there is a little dot letting you know where pin 1 is and it's on the bottom right instead of the top left.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

ghostsauce

Oh yeah, i thought you meant that it was wrong that way for that layout, lol.