switching out an spst for a potentiometer

Started by estch71, September 22, 2013, 08:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

estch71

Something like this might be ideal as it's a switch and not a true pot.
Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?

Pojo

I've never seen one of those before but it looks like it would only be spdt which wouldn't be any different then keeping the toggle. But since the stock circuit only needs an spst, an on/off/on spdt can give you 3 possible settings.

Also, just want to make it known that I'm an idiot, I originally had C2 and C3 swapped which caused the unpleasant clipping. Since I've corrected it, it's ALOT better  :icon_smile:. I've found that as long as the drains on the jfets are anywhere between 3V and 7V the circuit sounds good and the closer to 4.5V the more gain each jfet puts out. It's also pretty easy to tweak the voicing by messing around with different source bypass caps. A .47uf on the source of Q1 and a .22uf on Q3 gives it a juicy mid boost. The low end response wasn't bad right off the bat either, although I found with bass boost off it's a little thin and switching it on is too much for my taste. Changing C3 to 680pf and C2 to 1000pf seems perfect so far, I don't see myself needing anything else in that dept.