Moen shaky Jimi vibe pedal

Started by disabled_shredder, October 04, 2013, 03:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disabled_shredder

I saw a moen shaky Jimi vibe pedal today in a second hand store and I've been wanting a vibe pedal but I'm on a budget. Anybody got anything good or bad to report? Is it a modifiable pedal. Or is there anything been done to it by a forum member. It sounds ok from the YouTube clips and they only want 50 for it so I think it's worth it just thought I would try to get some info on it first also it's the purple one w a pic of Jimi playing the guitar if that matters.
The wild man with a loaded gun and no plan. I'm not held back by rules, just don't know which ones to follow

Mark Hammer

Sounds like your average Uni-Vibe clone.  Not a diss, just a description.  Worth $50 to save oneself the aggravation of building.

Do note that the best tones of these units are achieved by sticking it before any distortion pedal.  Vibes create broad shallow dips, rather than focussed notches.  What that does when placed ahead of a fuzz or distortion is move big chunks of the guitar signal above and below the clipping threshold as those broad dips move around.  The net effect is that it provides a more "animated" sound than a phaser would.  The absence of resonant peaks and dips also does not direct the listener's attention to specific parts of the frequency spectrum, such that the notes are center stage, and the "effect" is more in the background.

disabled_shredder

As always mark a wealth of knowledge. It's either that pedal or an akai analog delay. I have a few delays some pt2399 based that I built and an ibanez ad99 analog I guess which would you go for the vibe or delay? Also it might help in your recommendation to know I play all kinds mostly tech metal and blues but also funk but buddy guy is my idol and we all know Jimi got his crazy from buddy.
The wild man with a loaded gun and no plan. I'm not held back by rules, just don't know which ones to follow

flo

I know this thread was a while ago...

But I want to share that I can confirm that the Moen Shaky Jimi Vibe is a clone of the EasyVibe by John Hollis.

Some small changes of Moen are:
- Uses 4 TL062 dual opamps instead of TL064 opamps. (I changed 3 dual opamps  in the audio path to better ones.)
- Has an external Hue pot which is the Drive trimpot in the EasyVibe.
- Uses 2.2k Ohm resistor for minimum Hue/Drive instead of 220 Ohm. (I changed this into 220 Ohm.)
- Uses 5K Ohm pot for Hue/Drive instead of 1k Ohm.

Nasse

I have one, I think it is "version 3" or something, earlier versions had less controls. My first vibe but I like it, gives really wet sound with tape echo simulator
  • SUPPORTER