ENGL PREAMP - NOISE GATE - FX LOOP ~ SCREAMIN EAGLE

Started by J0K3RX, October 13, 2013, 08:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haddock

SmoothAction

Dude.. You da man!! You're contributing some great high-gain circuits. Thank you for your hard work... Us high gain freaks have quite a few options because of you. You should make a folder in the gallery of all your works if it wouldn't be too much trouble.. I think I've got most of them on my hard drive.

Thanks again!  :icon_twisted: Chug chug chug weeedly weeedly chun chun :icon_twisted:

"Never heard a man speak like this man before, never heard a man speak like this man before. All the days of my life ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before."

jymaze

You are on a roll man. These accessory boards are nice too! Just a detail: The protection diode is upside done on the power board!

J0K3RX

Quote from: jymaze on October 13, 2013, 01:36:33 PM
You are on a roll man. These accessory boards are nice too! Just a detail: The protection diode is upside done on the power board!

Thanks man! I corrected the protection diode... :icon_redface: Sometimes copy paste is your enemy, especially when you're tired. Didn't really need it since I already have a protection diode on the preamp but, if I power any other board besides the preamp like a cab sim better to have it at the source.

I thought I would revisit this ENGL build and I fell in love with it!! This thing rivals the TM with the gain and I think I like the tone better also! This one sounds really good with the neck pickup where the TM doesn't do so well. I will post some clips, soon... I am also really diggin the Laboga Mr.Hector too! Both brutal as hell!

By the way, did you get your tight metal built, curious?

~ Jim
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

J0K3RX

Quote from: SmoothAction on October 13, 2013, 11:48:55 AM
Dude.. You da man!! You're contributing some great high-gain circuits. Thank you for your hard work... Us high gain freaks have quite a few options because of you. You should make a folder in the gallery of all your works if it wouldn't be too much trouble.. I think I've got most of them on my hard drive.

Thanks again!  :icon_twisted: Chug chug chug weeedly weeedly chun chun :icon_twisted:

Thanks man! I have a gallery acct setup but I haven't started using it yet... I will. Thanks all you guys for the nice comments! :icon_wink:

screamersusa

J0K3RX

Here is what I am shooting for... Probably some mistakes but I will sort them out. Will be able to use it for all preamp PCB's that mount like this. By the way.. this is looking down from the top of the pedal perspective.. The empty space on the board by the input jack will have switches and pot connectors for presence, noise gate etc.. I haven't put them on there yet :icon_wink: talk about jam packed in a 1590BB, damn!

J0K3RX

ok, here's the rest of the mess... seems not much interest but I'll post it anyway  :P

Really BIG version
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11178619/SCREANIN%20EAGLE/SE-1Complete.PNG

J0K3RX

Here's a quick sound sample going direct using the cabsim... Has a kinda stuck wah tone to it, the sweep pot really lets you dial up a wide array of tones. I am only using the preamp layout in the last post with the noise gate and the cabsim, not the full board with the output jacks... I haven't tested that yet. I am using a little bit of VST delay and that's it.

Playing suxs but that's the price I pay for buildin these silly things.. never get to practice :-\
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11178619/SCREANIN%20EAGLE/SE1.mp3

Edit: Sorry for the big @ss images but they distort if I make them smaller...

Maik

Hi JOK3RX,
please post the transfer for the cab/out/3PDT pcb.
It´s really a "everything you need" package.

Bill Mountain

How does this type of gate work?  It seems quite simple compared to some I've seen.

Also...how did you come about those drain and source resistors for the mosfet stages?  I'm working on a mosfet design myself so I'm looking for any and all ideas to try.

little00

Sorry for up but,  have any got the layout or schematics??? Thanks ; )

Rick_CL

Hi JOK3RX! Is there any chance to get the schematic back online? I really appreciate your work and this is an interesting project to try on vacation. Greetings and happiness from Chile.

Enviado desde mi XT1225 mediante Tapatalk

Rick_CL

J0K3RX I'm sorry... I've just found the schematic in Aron's gallery. Amazing design. Thank you!

Enviado desde mi XT1225 mediante Tapatalk

temol

Belanger

The best substitute for intelligence is silence

temol

I have just finished building Screamin Eagle. Still need some tweaking, maybe swapping jfets.  Noise gate affects sound a little bit when pot is at max (eating some gain?).

T.

statzern

Edit: never mind, found schem and layout

statzern

Any chance the parts layout file can be uploaded to the gallery too? I have been working backwards from the schematic to the PCB on there but it is slow and tedious. As far as I can tell only the transfer and schematic are on there.

Thanks J0k3rx!