smooth and light overdrive

Started by soapamp, November 09, 2013, 08:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soapamp

Anyone build this one "Smooth and light overdrive"  I tried to make one but no sound, check with audio prob had signal

knutolai

Is there I schematic you could post? I think most people find it hard to see the error i a design just looking at a verolayout  :icon_wink:

midwayfair

This is a weird input section on this design and I'm a little surprised it works.

Following from the input, you've got a 330K > 1uF > Ground on one hand, and 100K > pin 3 / 100K > 470pF > inverting input (pin 2)  on the other. You're dumping most of your signal to ground, cutting most of your bass and halving the signal from what's left, etc. There's no reference voltage that I can see. Very odd.

I see that Paul in the Lab doesn't have a schematic for it; I wonder if he made a mistake in the layout diagram, since obviously he has a working unit.

http://www.paulinthelab.com/2013/09/salo-smooth-and-light-overdrive.html
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

pinkjimiphoton

i just built paul's "rez drive" the other day too, it works, but the second pot makes me wonder wtf he was thinking.
in the end, THAT one is for all intents a really nice wah wah.

you should try posting to his blog, he gets around to answering everything eventually. he has a lot of health issues (good friend of mine on line) so sometimes it takes him a while to reply, but he will.

it's pretty rare he makes any mistakes, but it could happen i guess.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

soapamp

thank you for all of your reply.  I asked Paul already that Vero is verify or not.  He said yes and no schematic at this moment.