Someone check my schematic?

Started by isher1992, December 21, 2013, 05:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isher1992

I was trying to implement a Big Muff tone stack (with a mid pot) and a clean blend into a Rat-style distortion.  I'm not sure if I got it all right, any correction would be much appreciated.  Forgive my ignorance, I'm not really experienced in engineering...

PRR

• SUPPORTER

isher1992

so, for those red X's, I take that to mean to just take those out entirely?  Thanks for the correction on the FET.

PRR

Your plan would work.

Your Q1 bias is half-voltage but also half of battery trash. You already have a half-voltage point at "Vb" and it is well filtered. You also save 12 cents.

The 1Meg in center is just parallel with the 3.3K down left. The 3.3K is not critical, there's no jacking or switching here, you can save another 12 cents.

The 1meg at Q2.... if it goes to ground it can only handle small signal voltages. If it goes to Vb it can handle quite large voltages. Since this IS the distortion path, you could go either way. Perhaps leave it loose and try both ways.
  • SUPPORTER

booj

Do the switches operate indepently? It might get confusing if the single diode for a direction is chosen and then a change from switching in the dual diode is expected.