Simple phaser circuit?

Started by monksanto, December 27, 2013, 11:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monksanto

Hi there, basically I am wanting to attach a very simple phaser circuit to the end of my fuzz. By "simple", what I mean is, a high-rate/high-depth phaser sound (no need for adjustments here!). Just a toggle switch that switches it on & off. I don't need any variance of the phaser sound, I just want one high-rate/high-depth sound. Would this make for a simpler circuit, than a multi-stage phaser with rate & depth pots etc? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

PRR

> Would this make for a simpler circuit

Not really. Save a couple pots. All the rest is the same.

And I suspect you DO want "variance" to get the machine to do the sound you are hearing in your head. Maybe trim-pots inside, but something.
  • SUPPORTER

nocentelli

Quote from: monksanto on December 27, 2013, 11:32:15 PM
a very simple phaser circuit

Those are pretty rare.... additionally, more depth in a phaser usually requires more stages, meaning more parts. The simplest ones i can think of are Phase 45 (two dual opamps and two FETs, not very deep), or a Magnavibe with 3 or more stages (one BJT for the oscillator, one BJT + vactrol per stage).
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

darron

as mentioned, more depth means less simple

phase 45 is a simple phaser. one knob too (rate). since the depth isn't extremely intense it's set at maximum.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

monksanto

OK thanks for that, it was as I suspected but wasn't sure. I will look at the Phase 45 circuit.

Kipper4

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

monksanto