GGG ROCKTAVE: HELP ME OUT!

Started by skullservant, December 29, 2013, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaicen_solo

That makes me feel a little better. If Mr Hammer can't make it work, I have no chance!

jsleep

Yikes!  The pressure is on me now to do a decent layout  :icon_eek:  It is a pretty bad layout.  off-board wiring pads everywhere.  Dean just used the layout from the article in a bit neater and smaller layout. This is one of the few Anderton single 9v battery circuits, so I guess that's a plus to start with.

JD
For great Stompbox projects visit http://www.generalguitargadgets.com

glops

I got the GGG board to work twice now. Once with the original octaves down. And today I debugged a newer board with the 4017 mode. Works either way, just refer to the schematic for wiring. For the original setup, the F pad is lug 3 of the divide by 4 control. For the 4017 mod, the F prime at the lower left goes to lug 3 of the divide by 4 control. SWC is just the rotary common and that's pretty much it.

I etched the original poster's board and had etched myself one as well. He ended up sending me his for a debug but I ended up building mine and sending it to him. And instead of debugging his, I etched another and started from scratch. When that was finished I had to debug it. Finally noticed the 914 between pins 1 and 16 of was oriented wrong. Flipped that and bam, works like a charm. I then dug out the OP's board which I hadn't debugged but noticed that he had the diode oriented the wrong way, as well.

It's a really great sounding effect. I am also adding the bonus mod of making a .1uf cap switchable that connects between pin 16 and pin 2 of the 571. Gives another flavor that is nastier!