Author Topic: Please let me know if you have built this project  (Read 276709 times)

aron

Please let me know if you have built this project
« on: October 09, 2003, 03:53:46 PM »
Please post a message if you have succesfully built this project.

Thanks!

al3151

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 10:56:57 AM »
I've built it but its only gone as far as my breadboard.I tried it with different transistors(BC108c.5088,A18,C945...) and found a sound that I really liked with a tranny that said 1362 on it.Its a jangly kind of sound that I like with the gain set not quite to the max.The transistors I guess are low gain.I salvaged them from old stereos or something.

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 11:15:47 AM »
Hi Aron, i finished the board, and it sounds nice, the effect is quite subtle, but it definately adds lots of sustain when turned high and i really love that!!  :D
I only wish i hadn't discovered that one of my speakers blew up last time i used my amp :(
i tried to find a 3pdt, but they only had dpdt, i'll have to go back and buy what is needed to build a millenium bypass. for now, i just skipped all the sitwh thing. it seems so much simpler with a 3pdt.. Is there a simple way to sitch and led with a dpdt?(i know the millenium is not that hard, just asking..) I'll try to put the range control too.
i wanted to say thanks again Aron, this helped me a lot.
Dou you think i can look at the orange squeezer, or a booster with higher gain maybe? or should I do another very simple project (i already buildt the lpb)

aron

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2003, 04:19:37 PM »
Quote from: al3151
I've built it but its only gone as far as my breadboard.I tried it with different transistors(BC108c.5088,A18,C945...) and found a sound that I really liked with a tranny that said 1362 on it.Its a jangly kind of sound that I like with the gain set not quite to the max.The transistors I guess are low gain.I salvaged them from old stereos or something.

cOOL!

aron

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2003, 04:23:24 PM »
>Hi Aron, i finished the board, and it sounds nice, the effect is quite subtle, but it definately adds lots of sustain when turned high and i really love that!!

GREAT! I think you are the first one to create a perfboard! Congratulations!!!!!!!

>i tried to find a 3pdt, but they only had dpdt, i'll have to go back and buy what is needed to build a millenium bypass. for now, i just skipped all the sitwh thing. it seems so much simpler with a 3pdt..

Yes it is simpler with 3PDT

Is there a simple way to sitch and led with a dpdt?(i know the millenium is not that hard, just asking..)

The millenium 1 is the easiest way.

> I'll try to put the range control too.

No problem. Let me know if you need help with the range control.,

>Dou you think i can look at the orange squeezer, or a booster with higher gain maybe? or should I do another very simple project (i already buildt the lpb)>

Let me look for the next project which will be a distortion!

Aron

BD13UK

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 10:15:42 AM »
Hi Aron,
Just wanted to say a big thank's for all your assistance for guy's like myself who are pretty much learners, I have to say I followed this project with great interest although I didn't actually build it however I have built the Hornet on perfboard and I'm really pleased with it as it sounds ten times better than a boutique model I paid quite a lot of money for on the ebay so it just shows that with help from yourself and all the other talented people around on the forum with a bit of effort it can be done. Thanks again Aron.
Brian

aron

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 05:59:17 PM »
Thanks Brian!!!!!!

OK, I'm happy!  :D

hair force one

my second stripboard
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 04:15:58 AM »
been stripboarding last week and the resulting lil' boosta sounds quite good (powered by 2n1711), next it needs a dpdt and it's own scrapmetal closer (i use a general purpose one for the tests), see it at:

http://partouze.chez.tiscali.fr/stomp/emnpnboost.jpg

so, what's the next verse in Aaron's Trampling Your Own Effects Bible?

aron

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2003, 06:02:47 AM »
(i use a general purpose one for the tests), see it at:

Very nice!!!! YES!!!!   8)

Ice9Rg570

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2003, 11:14:38 PM »
Quote from: aron
>Hi Aron, i finished the board, and it sounds nice, the effect is quite subtle, but it definately adds lots of sustain when turned high and i really love that!!

GREAT! I think you are the first one to create a perfboard! Congratulations!!!!!!!

>i tried to find a 3pdt, but they only had dpdt, i'll have to go back and buy what is needed to build a millenium bypass. for now, i just skipped all the sitwh thing. it seems so much simpler with a 3pdt..

Yes it is simpler with 3PDT

Is there a simple way to sitch and led with a dpdt?(i know the millenium is not that hard, just asking..)

The millenium 1 is the easiest way.

> I'll try to put the range control too.

No problem. Let me know if you need help with the range control.,

>Dou you think i can look at the orange squeezer, or a booster with higher gain maybe? or should I do another very simple project (i already buildt the lpb)>

Let me look for the next project which will be a distortion!

Aron

Would it be at all possible to build a ts808 for the next project?

aron

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2003, 02:51:00 AM »
>Would it be at all possible to build a ts808 for the next project?

The TS808 with input and output buffers is about the limit for a perfboard project.

I can definitely show you how to do it, but this would not be a good op amp beginner project.

I will keep this in mind for a future advanced project.

Ice9Rg570

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2003, 03:06:25 AM »
>Would it be at all possible to build a ts808 for the next project?

The TS808 with input and output buffers is about the limit for a perfboard project.

I can definitely show you how to do it, but this would not be a good op amp beginner project.

I will keep this in mind for a future advanced project.

thanks!

aron

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2003, 03:23:39 AM »
BTW: The Son of Screamer (Jack Orman's "bare bones" TS-808") is a pretty good op amp circuit for an intermediate project.

bwanasonic

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2003, 02:41:22 PM »

I'm preparing to make an Orange Squeezer and I'm a bit apprehensive about that little eight-legged creature it uses. So far I have only built a few *one-knob-wonders* on perf with part counts I could count on my fingers.  I'll socket the IC, but I'm thinking I should get a finer tip for my iron.

Kerry M

aron

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2003, 03:26:28 PM »
The tip that I use is perfect. Check it out (if you haven't) in the parts post.

The weller soldering station I have is great and VERY low cost. I think I got it for around $40.

hair force one

absolute beginner's box
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2003, 03:12:34 AM »
made a box from a prepaint 0.8 mm sheetmetal yesterday. it's the "cut & fold" or Origami construction type. very simple, fast, rewarding and low cost (from "Junkyard Stores & Industries"!).
see it at:
 :arrow: http://partouze.chez.tiscali.fr/stomp/embuilt.jpg
I knowit's very rough design and it needs little painted letters on it.
Shall i make a "how i done it page" for those about to protect their beginner's boost?
-
-
Great alternate guitar bands->n°1->Melvins

aron

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2003, 03:47:55 AM »
VERY COOL!

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2003, 04:49:19 AM »
Hi hair force,
i'd be interested in making this box! ..and in the page on how you made it.
it looks nice and sturdy.
do you think i could find the parts in europe?

hair force one

element of box
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2003, 12:52:05 PM »
sometimes-called-green :arrow: i'll try to make a "how to page" tonight or tomorrow (sounds like an official 'homepage').
It's only made of one element: an iron or alloy sheet of metal or as we say in french "une plaque de tôle".
Mine comes from building construction junkpiles (those prepaint pieces i use are from the outer skin of supermarkets, factory, depot buildings), but you can also use old computer boxes, microwave hoven or washing machine enclosures.
it shouldn't be more than 1,5mm and less than 0.8mm thick (less than that is a very flexible piece and more becomes hard to bend!).
The simple method i use easily permits the achievement of various designs: I made a copy of an Electro-Harmonix box for my LP2 and a big MoogerFooger-like for testing...

hair force one

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2003, 03:57:56 AM »
i'm just a simple boxmaker, come visit at:
http://partouze.chez.tiscali.fr/stomp/embuilt.jpg
check back to see more pics and features...