|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 12:43:28 AM
965329 Posts in 103087 Topics by 32683 Members
Latest Member: aishabag23
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  Projects  |  Beginner Project  |  Please let me know if you have built this project 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please let me know if you have built this project  (Read 189021 times)
MrJulius

Re: Please let me know if you have built this project
« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2009, 09:04:58 PM »

Once I get a decent amp in the studio I'll do a quick demo of this.

Good lord I love it...

I'm glad such an easy project yielded such a great result. I shall be making a couple of these for my buds...
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #321 on: May 31, 2009, 11:18:31 PM »

I've made 3 of these for people around here. They sure do sound good - even at minimum boost into my Fender amp!
THOMMO

Jason R. T.

« Reply #322 on: June 24, 2009, 04:08:12 AM »

Finished this one last night! Well technically I finished an LPB-1 clone.I have the parts ready to go for the BP. Just need to get a c-board.
Ok, here comes  the noob question! Grin I haven't connected a switch yet. So, should I get any sound when the battery is discinnected?

First time wiring up a c-board. Worked first go , with minimal debugging(mainly due to my lack of soldering skills).
Happy as Larry icon_mrgreen

Jason.

May The Twang Be With You
Ben N

Ben N. - really! Now Israel, once Baltimore

« Reply #323 on: June 24, 2009, 07:06:17 AM »

Thanks, Dan, for confirming my suspicions. Maybe now I'll get around to shielding that box.
Yup, aluminum foil, 3M spray adhesive, and we're good to go.
The French connection

Dan, Qc/Canada

« Reply #324 on: June 24, 2009, 08:27:53 AM »

Thanks, Dan, for confirming my suspicions. Maybe now I'll get around to shielding that box.

So it stops ''tremoloing''? Mine was fine but recently it start tremoloing again when i've change the routing of my pedalboard. Huh Is'nt it strange! Don't know what to do, maybe i'm gonna try moving the board somewhere else inside... Undecided

Dan

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/
Ben N

« Reply #325 on: June 24, 2009, 08:34:50 AM »

So it stops ''tremoloing''? Mine was fine but recently it start tremoloing again when i've change the routing of my pedalboard. Huh Is'nt it strange! Don't know what to do, maybe i'm gonna try moving the board somewhere else inside... Undecided

Dan
Maybe check your chassis-ground connection?
budjb

« Reply #326 on: July 05, 2009, 08:54:44 PM »

Built and works like a charm.  Now I need to figure out how to add a marshall tone stack to this thing and I'll be set Smiley
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 09:16:15 PM by budjb » Logged
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #327 on: July 06, 2009, 12:10:33 AM »

You can tack one on to the end, but I'm not sure how much level will be cut by doing this.
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #328 on: July 06, 2009, 12:11:38 AM »

Basically remove the 100K resistor at the end and put this circuit in:

http://amps.zugster.net/articles/tone-stacks#FMV
Ben N

« Reply #329 on: July 06, 2009, 10:13:18 AM »

Dan
Hmph! Mine came back, too, when I tried to put it on the board. We'll have to revisit this as time allows.
The French connection

Dan, Qc/Canada

« Reply #330 on: July 06, 2009, 11:27:52 AM »

Dan
Hmph! Mine came back, too, when I tried to put it on the board. We'll have to revisit this as time allows.

Do you have another effect before it? When mine was first in the chain it works OK but when i put something in front it ''trems'', but the tremolo disappears at high level setting...but it's obviously too loud compares to bypassed. Maybe it's an impedance thing. Huh I'm not that good for understanding what's going on. I'll try it alone with a battery.

Thanks!

Dan

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/
skuwiph

Ian S

« Reply #331 on: July 11, 2009, 09:54:02 AM »

Well, just finished it and it sounds wonderful!

The problem now is that I want to do more... Oh dear. A new hobby to spend money on... ;-)

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Aron for his clear instructions (and the excellent service in getting me the parts faster than many UK companies manage!) and thanks as well to all the people on this forum for providing their expertise and knowledge so freely!

Obligatory exterior shot: http://www.flickr.com/photos/iseckington/3710153510/in/photostream/

Slightly nervously, here's the interior, for those that like that sort of thing (I know I do): http://www.flickr.com/photos/iseckington/3710252394/in/photostream

Now, what to build next?

Ian.
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #332 on: July 11, 2009, 11:10:42 AM »

WOW COOL! Looks great!!!!!! I am impressed. What a great looking first build!!!!! I am getting a fuzz going. Maybe that next???
skuwiph

Ian S

« Reply #333 on: July 11, 2009, 11:12:35 AM »

Thanks! More importantly, though, it sounds lovely!

Mmmm... Fuzz... Now that sounds like a fine idea... :-)
guitarangry

Jamie

« Reply #334 on: July 31, 2009, 01:09:11 AM »

Well first off this is a great site and have been wasting my time at work loking through it all.

Ive made this project but as of yet dont know if it works Smiley , as i have forgot one of the  most important parts the battery icon_eek I have a feeling i've messed it up but we all gotta start some where and i now remembered why i got an F grade for science at school many moons ago my soldering sucks  Undecided .

Again thank you for a great site. If this one works i think its onto the Smash drive if not ill keep building this till i get one that works Smiley
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 01:22:31 AM by guitarangry » Logged
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #335 on: July 31, 2009, 03:54:45 AM »

Great and good luck!
Jimi W

« Reply #336 on: August 02, 2009, 09:25:46 AM »

Hi everyone,
I'm Jimi, been into pedals for ages now and after my band split up last year I have found myself with some spare time so I thought I'd get into this pedal building malarkey!

Got the kit from Aron and started building last Sunday, finished the board in a few hours and after a trip to the local electrical place for wire etc yesterday I got cracking again.
I've just finished wiring it all up and at the mo its all boxed in a cardboard enclosure until I sort out my artwork etc for the proper Hammond box. Just plugged my guitar in and to my astonishment it worked perfectly!!  icon_eek Thought my soldering was a bit suspect at times but maybe I was just being paranoid!

Gotta say its a great little pedal, haven't given it a proper testing yet because my proper amps (64 Bassman and Carlsbro Top 50) live at my parents farm.

I'll post some pics of the finished article when the enclosure is finished.

Well chuffed and can't wait to get cracking on something else!

Jimi
(P.S. great site Aron, keep up the good work!)
Brossman

Britt R.

« Reply #337 on: August 12, 2009, 01:16:56 AM »

Hey Aron!

Just thought I'd let you know I finished the project yesterday!  I tried it and it works great!  I had to make do with many things and hit many snags along the way.

All in all I learned:
-It pays to have good solder
-Substitutions change things, but aren't always bad.
-And seeing as this was my first time doing ANYTHING with electronics, I had to learn everything about electronics...(still workin on this one)

Eventually, I should be able to get some pics up, But Im warning, it ain't pretty...I didnt want to spend $15 on a 3pdt footswitch, so I used a regular toggle-3pdt that I found in my basement...That's just the beginning (i'll spare you more details)

Anyway, thanks for everything!  I've had a lot of fun (and headaches) with this project!  And most of all, it's inspired me to make more!  My next endeavour will be to design a tube overdrive that can boost trebles (or roll off bass...whatever) using submini tubes.  I'd love your input on that (you can check out my post...)!

Thanks again!

- Britt R.

Gear: Epi Les Paul (archtop) w/ P90 bridge in the neck, and SD '59 PAF neck in the bridge; Silvertone 1484 and homebrew cabinet (8" + 12"); Forum-Vibe.  Not much, but it's about all I need.

http://rossmanelectronics.wordpress.com/
TooManyHobbies

Gary C.

« Reply #338 on: August 21, 2009, 09:37:18 PM »

I just finished building this on a prototype board. My first attempt at building a DIY effect, and I was a little nervous plugging it into my amp... but it worked just fine!  I'll probably move this to a perf board and make an enclosure for it. I don't have any of the foot switches right now, so I probably initially use a simple toggle switch.

I really enjoyed reading the forum for this project, and it was a lot of fun to build. I had everything except for a regular 5k potentiometer on hand (using a 5k pcb mount one right now for testing), so it was an easy build. I'm using a 3904 transistor for this project.  Amazingly, it actually worked just fine on the first test!
TooManyHobbies

Gary C.

« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2009, 12:13:51 AM »

I was able to migrate my prototype board project to a perf board w/o too much trouble. Some of my soldering is a bit ugly, but the pedal works just fine.  I have a Hammond 1590B enclosure that I'm going to use to house this.  Right now, I've drilled the holes in it to hold the pot, jacks, and switch, and I've primed it. I'm going to spray paint it a nice gloss red tomorrow and mount all of the components.

This is actually the first time I've migrated a project from a prototype board to a perf board, and it was a really good learning experience.  Looking forward to trying out the IC overdrive project (the one using the 741 op amp) next.

Really enjoy reading this forum!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: