|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2014, 02:15:02 AM
964142 Posts in 102996 Topics by 32600 Members
Latest Member: Kalcorp
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  Projects  |  Beginner Project  |  Please let me know if you have built this project 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please let me know if you have built this project  (Read 188347 times)
Nich

Re: Please let me know if you have built this project
« Reply #380 on: November 23, 2010, 03:22:23 PM »

Awesome first project guys!  Thanks so much for putting it out there- I liked it so much I built two of them.  I put the first one into a custom guitar I built and the other went into an standard enclosure that I need to paint.  I can't wait to build the valve caster next... 
lopsided

Jakub / Prague - Czech Republic

« Reply #381 on: January 29, 2011, 06:19:28 AM »

I have built it. And a couple of other boosters and fuzzes too. Thanks so much for this site. Not only is it fun to build, circuits but this site also helps me understand other stomp-boxes I use.
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #382 on: January 29, 2011, 11:44:31 AM »

GREAT!
CheopisIV

David B.

« Reply #383 on: April 22, 2011, 10:36:23 PM »

Just finished this one myself last night.  Took me three teardowns and rebuilds to realize I probably had it right each time, but using a .01 ceramic cap on the input killed the sound.  It may have just been a bad cap, but when I replaced it with an aluminum electrolytic, the circuit just came to life!  I've got some film caps on the way to do some more testing.  This thing really brings my diy Ruby amp to life, and is exactly what my EHX-Holier Grail needs to counter the volume drop.
I did notice a bit of a tone change with my telecaster through this pedal, it loses some of the twang so some further i/o cap testing may be in order?
All in all, a Killer Boost pedal, thanks so much!!
JebemMajke

Miša Živanović

« Reply #384 on: May 02, 2011, 02:17:22 AM »

I've finished my booster pedal and It sounds like heaven. It's clean all the way up, probably because i used different transistor, never the less i love it, It makes my guitar sound nicer, and rounder. Thank you for this wonderful project.
I wish i could put a dc jack there, because i don't like the idea of relying on battery, but I guess I'll have to learn how to do that first. Smiley
ponch58

« Reply #385 on: June 01, 2011, 09:45:09 PM »

Just finished my build.  Sounds great!  I used a very small Hammond enclosure (mxr standard size) and will prolly use a bigger one for future projects.  It was tight!  At any rate, I can't wait to hear this thing through my Hot Rod Deville 410 tomorrow!  (The baby is sleeping)

I originally used a 2N5088 transistor and found the tone a little muddy with my SG, so I swapped it out for a 2N2222a.  Big difference!  Really brought it to life!

Thanx so much for offering this tutorial!  It is fantastic for people learning how this stuff works.  I can't wait to start my next project!  (prolly a fuzz - keep it simple stupid!)javascript:void(0);

Marcus T

Here are some pics if anyone's interested.  (no paint job yet, I kinda like it raw)

http://ponch58.wordpress.com/2011/06/01/its-the-t-boost-2/
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #386 on: June 02, 2011, 01:16:05 AM »

I like it!
ponch58

« Reply #387 on: June 02, 2011, 08:09:54 AM »

Hey Aron,

Do you know of any easy way that this project could be modded to get a little dirt in the sound?  Could it be as simple as a different transistor?

I love the clean boost of this pedal and don't want to lose that permanently, but am curious about any simple, temporary mods that could possibly be performed.  You've peaked my interest now, I think I might be obsessing a little bit.  Wink

Cheers!

Marcus T
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #388 on: June 02, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »

The 2n2222 metal top transistor should distort quite a lot when you turn the gain up.

Aron
ponch58

« Reply #389 on: June 02, 2011, 05:44:11 PM »

Yep.  That it does.  And when played along with my Boss Blues Driver BD2 pedal, it can get really raunchy.

Just wondering about other alternatives.  Can I get a dirty sound out of it at lower volumes, or will it always rely on being overdriven?

aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #390 on: June 02, 2011, 08:03:43 PM »

Lower volumes, then you need to add a "master" volume - change the 100K to ground at the end with a pot.
bobodechimp

« Reply #391 on: July 10, 2011, 04:35:19 PM »

am i just not seeing it. which project and were do i find the list of them. i have looked and looked.  just decide to suck up my pride and ask. icon_redface 
deadastronaut

Rob H. LONDON

« Reply #392 on: July 10, 2011, 04:43:52 PM »

i think it refers to the 'beginner project' a boost pedal.....

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?board=6.0

Jarmake

« Reply #393 on: September 07, 2011, 08:58:47 AM »

Hello! This is my first post here and I just wanted to let you know I finished the beginner project-pedal about 20 min ago. It was quite easy and now I'm thirsty for more. Maybe some kind of distortion next? Who knows... Smiley

Greetings from Finland!

-Jari
theundeadelvis

Ahren O., Bloomington, IN

« Reply #394 on: September 07, 2011, 09:32:58 AM »

Welcome Jari, and congrats on your first build! Be warned, it's an insatiable thirst!

If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #395 on: September 07, 2011, 01:15:53 PM »

Cool! Check out:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?board=33.0
esdiezy28

Tony E. - Ohio, USA

« Reply #396 on: September 08, 2011, 09:16:35 AM »

This is an EXCELLENT starter project for opening up your world into DIY electronics. This too, was my first project when I was starting out, and knew NOTHING about what I was getting into, that was two or three years ago. I took some circuit analysis classes in college, and having started this a year prior, I had a leg up on EVERYONE in my class (a meager class of 12, but still....).
Everything you might possibly need to know can be found right here on the forum somewhere, an extensive archive of valuable data to process, and learn from.
I had an active pickup in my Yamaha Pacifica (my mod guitar), that required a 9V battery internally for power. I found a neat 10k audio pot with a SPST (i think...) switch, that allowed me to mount this starter project inside my guitar, great boost available anytime without a stompbox!!! Well worth the effort. For all of you who use an active pickup (or pickups) with a 9V battery stuffed inside your guitar, this would be an excellent project to stick inside for that extra boost we all crave so dearly. Just thought I'd launch that idea out there for others to enjoy as much as myself. My thanks again to everyone here who has helped me step into the addictive realm of DIY electronics  icon_mrgreen     ToNy

Ruby Amp, Noisy Cricket, NPN Boost, modded Mockman 1.0, Bazz Fuss, J201 Fetzer Valve, Valvecaster, modded Valvecaster

Resistance is futile!
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #397 on: September 08, 2011, 11:56:09 AM »

Thanks Tony!!!!!!!!!!
Jarmake

« Reply #398 on: September 09, 2011, 12:38:52 AM »

Thanks for the welcoming guys!

I actually already ordered parts for tube screamer, as I found a kit (which included parts for ts9 and ts808 versions) with a ready to assemble pcb-board. Thought I'd make it easy for myself couple first times and then gradually make them harder to do. Next time I'm going to make my own pcb-board.. I can do them at my school. Smiley

BTW, I'm studying to be an electrician and an ICT-mechanic (or something like that.. Don't really know the english term for it, but anyway..) and should graduate in couple of years.. These projects are perfect for learning some basic electronics.
esdiezy28

Tony E. - Ohio, USA

« Reply #399 on: September 09, 2011, 07:42:53 AM »

Yes!!! Use school as a tool for your DIY circuit work. I used to take my stompboxes in and check them on our lab oscilloscopes icon_mrgreen

Ruby Amp, Noisy Cricket, NPN Boost, modded Mockman 1.0, Bazz Fuss, J201 Fetzer Valve, Valvecaster, modded Valvecaster

Resistance is futile!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: