News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

BBD tester

Started by armdnrdy, January 11, 2014, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armdnrdy

;)

Many times a new look and a clear mind finds the answer that we have been searching for.  :icon_idea:
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

scratch

Hey armdnrdy, I'm finally getting down to breadboard this to test my SAD's ... but unable to find 1N60P at any of my usual suppliers. Could I sub in an 1N4148?

Thanks,
Denis,
Nothing witty yet ...

armdnrdy

Quote from: scratch on October 19, 2014, 10:11:31 PM
Hey armdnrdy, I'm finally getting down to breadboard this to test my SAD's ... but unable to find 1N60P at any of my usual suppliers. Could I sub in an 1N4148?

Thanks,

I used a 1N60P for it's lower forward voltage drop. The diode is being used to rectify the AC sine wave to DC. I don't recall all of the calculation right now but....if I used it...it was needed.

You can use any small signal schottky diode.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

scratch

Thanks! I think SBE has something suitable then.
Denis,
Nothing witty yet ...

armdnrdy

scratch

Larry, don't suppose you have an updated schematic? (and a higher resolution image? having trouble reading some of the values)

I'm nearly done the breadboard but having trouble figuring out how to relate the SAD1024 connnections from the 'ZIF' board to the main logic board. The CP1 and CP2 point fairly obvious. But having trouble figuring out where the IN and OUT1 and OUT2 are supposed to connect to?

Thanks!
Denis,
Nothing witty yet ...

armdnrdy

Here are PDFs of the last revisions:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53299166/DIYstompboxes/BBD%20Test%20Bed%20MN32XX.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53299166/DIYstompboxes/ZIF%20Board%20Positive%20Voltage.pdf

Look at the data sheet for the MN3207 BBD for the IN, OUT 1, and OUT 2 pins...then look at the SAD1024 data sheet for the same pins.

This circuit works fine on the breadboard with a single BBD...but when I connected the ziff board circuit...it wasn't accurate any longer.

I've been busy with work and other projects so...I haven't been able to revisit the tester to fix the issue with the ziff board circuit.

Soon! I would like to put this one to rest!

armdnrdy

scratch

Denis,
Nothing witty yet ...

Kevin Mitchell

Does anyone have a copy of the latest documents for this? I had accidentally deleted the ones I snagged.

-KM
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

Kevin Mitchell

• SUPPORTER

Kevin Mitchell

Sorry for blowing up the thread! I'm on a mission.

Found this in the gallery and wasn't sure if it was one of Larry's schematics - I'd guess it's one of the early drawing. Figured I'd put it up as I plan to tinker with the circuit soon.

-KM
  • SUPPORTER

peterveneno

Quote from: armdnrdy on December 18, 2014, 10:07:11 AM
Here are PDFs of the last revisions:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53299166/DIYstompboxes/BBD%20Test%20Bed%20MN32XX.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53299166/DIYstompboxes/ZIF%20Board%20Positive%20Voltage.pdf

Look at the data sheet for the MN3207 BBD for the IN, OUT 1, and OUT 2 pins...then look at the SAD1024 data sheet for the same pins.

This circuit works fine on the breadboard with a single BBD...but when I connected the ziff board circuit...it wasn't accurate any longer.

I've been busy with work and other projects so...I haven't been able to revisit the tester to fix the issue with the ziff board circuit.

Soon! I would like to put this one to rest!

Hi Larry, Iam planning to build this tester. Can you upload the files again? dropbox links are dead!

puppiesonacid

yes, i am very interested in building the MN3011 bbd tester. i have recently acquired some

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: puppiesonacid on May 17, 2021, 03:20:25 PM
yes, i am very interested in building the MN3011 bbd tester. i have recently acquired some
You and a few others have been picking up those chips recently.

Larry's tester was never really finalized. If I recall correctly, there was success with the breadboard prototype but once it was boxed up there were some problems. I suggest you build something that uses those BBDs and see what happens. Otherwise, PM me. I had drawn a testing circuit for those specific chips a couple weeks ago for another user.
  • SUPPORTER

puppiesonacid