Which PT2399 designs come on a nice compact pcb?

Started by gutsofgold, January 14, 2014, 08:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gutsofgold

I just populated a PT-80 board from GGG and realized it doesn't fit in my nice already drilled powdercoated 1590BB. I'll save that board for a later date. Does anyone know of a pcb for sale that is a simple, compact PT2399 design? The usual time/repeats/mix knobs. ?? Usually I'd go to madbean for this but the zero point DD seems pretty big and the smaller versions of the zero point don't come out until next month.

pappasmurfsharem

"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

gutsofgold

I'm right there with you but I'm on a bit of a deadline..

pappasmurfsharem

Quote from: gutsofgold on January 14, 2014, 09:01:38 PMI'm right there with you but I'm on a bit of a deadline..

Aww.

Try JMK pedals I think he has some PT2399 delays not sure on size though

Edit
I mean jmk pcbshttp://www.jmkpcbs.com/JMK_PCBs/Store.html

davent

Madbean has the Cave Dweller which is designed for 'A' sized enclosures.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

bluebunny

Quote from: davent on January 15, 2014, 12:19:20 AM
Madbean has the Cave Dweller which is designed for 'A' sized enclosures.

+1.  And it's pretty cool, too.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

gutsofgold

The dwell/echo controls on the cave dweller sound awesome but I need something more basic. Looking for a more straight forward approach as this pedal is for someone who normally doesn't use pedals at all so a simple time/repeats/mix is what I'm after. Is anyone doing echobase pcbs?

edit - looks like MusicPCB has echobase pcbs but they are too big to fit in a 1590bb.

pappasmurfsharem

Quote from: gutsofgold on January 15, 2014, 03:05:49 PM
The dwell/echo controls on the cave dweller sound awesome but I need something more basic. Looking for a more straight forward approach as this pedal is for someone who normally doesn't use pedals at all so a simple time/repeats/mix is what I'm after. Is anyone doing echobase pcbs?

edit - looks like MusicPCB has echobase pcbs but they are too big to fit in a 1590bb.

Why do you say the music PCB doesn't fit in a 1590BB? If it fits in a 125B it most certainly would fit in a 1590BB.

Although it depends on where your footswitch is.

davent

OK what about a rebote, easily fits in a 'B'. But... you've got me puzzled, my Echobase has the basic five pots plus an optional sixth not to mention the various switches, the Cave Dweller has two pots and you can add an optional third, how is the Echobase more basic then a two control Cave Dweller?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

gutsofgold

the cave dweller isn't set up in the usual three pot configuration with one for delay time one for repeats/feedback and one for mix. This pedal is going to someone who isn't familiar with delay and pedals in general and I'd like to keep it simple in both ease of use and understanding.

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Mark Hammer

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Mark Hammer

Ola, Francisco!  Steve Daniels tells me you live in the US now.  True?  My son actually lives next door to the Salvadorian embassy here in town.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Hi Mark,
I saw the pictures of your trip to NY, looks like you guys had fun, Steve is fun to hang out with.
Yeah, I've been spending a lot of time in the US for multiple reasons, I'm currently in El Salvador (75degF 24/7), plus I have new responsibilities that make it a little slower to travel like I used to (baby girl!). Going to miss the winter NAMM show this time, must prioritize.
I'd like to share that Tonepad however is almost 100% in it's new home, somewhere in TX, shipments will be a lot faster now that we've got some more help. Sure glad 2013 is in the past. Looking forward to 2014.
Cheers.
Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Jdansti

I don't know that there's a PCB for this anywhere, but it's simple enough to perf:

Ersatz Verben (Pseudo Reverb)

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/03/ersatz-verben-psuedo-reverb-by.html?m=1

It does the delay thing pretty well. One complaint is mine pops like hell when I hit the bypass switch.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

gutsofgold

Well unlucky me got the Rebote board and it is also too big!! My problem lies in the fact that I always drill my jacks on the top of the enclosure so my space from the end of the jacks to the top of the 3PDT is limited. Both the PT-80 and the REBOTE pcbs are too 'tall' as they are both ~2.25" . Any other suggestions  :icon_redface: ? If either the PT-80 or REBOTE were dual layer pcbs they would be considerably smaller and would fit. I'm currently in a new apartment so my days of etching my own pcbs are gone or else I would have just done up my own layout by now.

mth5044

Make them and get them fab'd from OSH park. I can design some double sided ones and fab for you if you want.

davent

Quote from: gutsofgold on January 29, 2014, 01:48:42 PM
Well unlucky me got the Rebote board and it is also too big!! My problem lies in the fact that I always drill my jacks on the top of the enclosure so my space from the end of the jacks to the top of the 3PDT is limited. Both the PT-80 and the REBOTE pcbs are too 'tall' as they are both ~2.25" . Any other suggestions  :icon_redface: ? If either the PT-80 or REBOTE were dual layer pcbs they would be considerably smaller and would fit. I'm currently in a new apartment so my days of etching my own pcbs are gone or else I would have just done up my own layout by now.

Hole plugs and re-drill for side jacks.

therealfindo

Quote from: davent on January 30, 2014, 10:09:01 PM
Quote from: gutsofgold on January 29, 2014, 01:48:42 PM

Hole plugs and re-drill for side jacks.

ooh... where did you find those plugs? Great idea...