Sweet enclosure idea not sure which effect to build for it

Started by Luke51411, February 20, 2014, 10:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

So I work in aviation and have access to various rejected parts. I want to use a rocker cover for an enclosure similar to this http://m.ebay.com/itm/231015813380 my idea is to also take two rocker arms and mount them on the outside of the enclosure to stomp to activate the 3pdt. I was thinking maybe doing a boost and distortion, something that rocks real hard! I'm not married to that idea. I want suggestions on specific effects that would be fitting for this project. Thanks for the input.

tommycataus

I don't fully understand what you mean in your description, but it sounds like you want to build two effects in one, am I right? If it were me I would put something like a rat in one side, and a clean boost in the other with a stomp switch for each. That way you can play rhythm and hit the boost when it's time for a solo!
"Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." - FZ

Luke51411

Yeah it would be two in one the rocker arm as switch actuator idea may get scrapped as it is unnecessary and somewhat complicated but we'll see. I'm thinking maybe a two stage valve pedal would be cool. Either two valves or a sho driving a valve. Something like that. I'll be building my first valvecaster this weekend so we'll see how that goes.

duck_arse

so, rocker covers cover the rockers in an engine, yes? this should be true even in the air. and the rockers push on what-now in the engine, the valves, you say? and you say you think you might ditch the rocker arms, but put the valves in?

make those rockers do something. connect them to some levers on the side of the covers, maybe, then when you push down, the rocker covers part lifts up form the base, and everyone peers inside at the glowing valves. oohhh, ahhhhh.

geeze, I talk shyte sometimes.
don't make me draw another line.

GibsonGM

From shyte to:  

You never know where those trains of thought could lead, D.A.!!   :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

Luke51411

Hahaha I like it. I've got to build a stylish but impractical pedal at some point right? Tone... Meh... does it look cool? That's what matters right?

duck_arse

gibson, if you've never had australia's national shyte on warm toast, (maybe under grilled cheese) you haven't lived. tomato is optional.

italianguy63

Yeah--  Aviation, motorcycle, or lawn equipment valve rockers.... you may be able to find an assembly you could just bolt down, and use pushrods for switch actuators.  Could be way cool if properly done...
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Luke51411

You could be onto something. I was just thinking of having the rocker arm resting on top of a 3pdt outside of the enclosure but having the pushrod actually activate the effect would be pretty sweet. I'd have to come up with a switching mechanism that would work. Hell if I'm going for completely impractical I could just grab a cracked cylinder and use the whole damn thing! Maybe get a crank case half and three cylinders and bam that's your whole pedal board right there!

duck_arse

dry sump? starting to sound like something tufnell might use.

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Luke51411

I know!!! The turns of phrase this presents are Way too intriguing to not build a pedal like this!