stupid pedal trick... eh talking pedal clone revisited

Started by pinkjimiphoton, February 03, 2014, 05:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

not responsible if you hear demons in your head, white mice start talking backwards, voices of the damned moaning or any other weird auditory phenomenon,  or if the refrigerator flies thru the living room or the dog implodes with a *pop*. you've been warned.

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Jdansti

It's ALIVE!!!! ;D

No imploding dogs, but my cat's head did a 360.  ;D
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

rutabaga bob

Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

fendman

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

digi2t

YEAH BABY!!! NOW THAT'S WHAT I BE TALKIN' 'BOUT!

Still doesn't beat the uni-brow off the top though. Cracks us up, every time. :D

Really sounds pretty close to mine. I know it's a PITA to get the slits just right. I remember I ran two test leads out through the battery door, so I could measure the resistance sweep with the cover on. I started small, and slowly enlarged them, until I had just the right sweep on both LDR's. Took several hours, but the results are worth it. It's a mouthy bastard. :icon_twisted:

Great work!
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

pinkjimiphoton

thanks dino, i hoped you'd approve of it!!  :icon_mrgreen:

the trimmer helps immensely... i used the STOCK cutouts of the cheezy morley, believe it or not!!

it's going on the live board. i'm thinking about looking to see if i can make it an opto volume on effect bypass.

the distortion knob doesn't seem to do anything, so maybe i screwed it up... so long ago i don't remember!!

i hope ian pops in and hears it. it did come out pretty sick finally... after what... a 2 year birthing process? ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Ronan

Really enjoyed the clip jimi, looked like you really enjoyed making it to! Sounds spot on, don't know how you did it with the stock cut-outs, but I would say - DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING - or you'll stuff it up :)
You got a nice bottom end, wah, yee's, yi's, I's, oi's, yoys and yeah's going. I think thats the full vocabulary :)  Glad you revisited it, it is a handful to set up, but well worth it.

pinkjimiphoton

thanks ian, it all starts in how ya angle the led's and ldrs... check http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=106011.0

it tells what i did with the morley, and what i did with this. it's all about getting the right balance.

once ya get good noises from it, adjust the brilliance of the lamp a hair brighter than you'd expect (to make up for ambient light) and close the lid.

i did the same with my magnavibe last nite, that's in a silver box which actually works to my advantage there. every circuit seems to have a "sweet spot" where it is best at what it does.

thank you for an awesome project. i think i'm gonna goop the board so the stuff can't move, i'm gonna add it to my live board i think.
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Ronan

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on February 06, 2014, 11:44:32 AM
thanks ian, it all starts in how ya angle the led's and ldrs... check http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=106011.0

I see, well thats a new approach, I can see how you could get different responses doing that, seems to work well :)

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on February 06, 2014, 11:44:32 AM
thank you for an awesome project. i think i'm gonna goop the board so the stuff can't move, i'm gonna add it to my live board i think.

Nah, you can thank Dino for this one, the Master Ressurecteur of Old Pedales.

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Ronan

Quote from: digi2t on February 03, 2014, 09:14:00 PM
Still doesn't beat the uni-brow off the top though. Cracks us up, every time. :D

Hi Dino! What's a uni-brow? Have I missed something in absence?

pinkjimiphoton

i think he's referring to the solitary eyebrow i sport that would look at home on a cyclops lol...
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Ronan

Ha, of course, I thought there might have been some sort of uni-vibe spin-off :D

digi2t

Being of pure-bred Greek origin myself, my eye brows have a certain facility to "become one". Especially so when the kids are being bone heads.  :D
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr