Issues with Mammoth Electronics?

Started by therecordingart, February 10, 2014, 10:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

therecordingart

I placed my order about 12 days ago. No respone or updates from them. I sent a couple of e-mails requesting updates. No response.

Am I jumping the gun here or is there something going on? I received my Paypal receipt, but no other corresponce. Anyone else having this issue?

pappasmurfsharem

I don't know where you are located, but I haven't had any specific bad experiences with Mammoth, a number of time they got my order wrong, but they always made good on it.

Hell I even came out ahead once when they shipped me 2x 1590BBs instead of 1.

I'd say you may have fallen through the cracks unfortunately. They have a phone number now BTW.

Have you tried calling?

Mammoth Electronics
3203 Broce Dr
Suite B
Norman, OK

Phone: 1.405.254.4112
Email: sales@mammothelectronics.com
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

Pojo

I've make 2 orders through them and not enjoyed either experience. First time was a fiasco with a couple items on backorder which went to h#ll when I tried to sub those items for in stock items to avoid delaying the order. Customer service was painfully slow with days between email replies. Then they ended up shipping *just* the couple subbed items, they made good on it that time when I complained and they ended up overnighting the rest of the order at their expense.

Last order my biggest issue was just in the quality of the parts, mainly with the enclosures and the enclosed jacks. They also waited a while to charge my card for the order for whatever reason, I emailed to find out what was going on....got a reply after almost a week being told that everything went through fine and seemed confused that I had asked in the first place. I think 3 or 4 days later they finally charged the card. It just seems like it's a mess over there and no one takes their jobs seriously.

But good luck and I hope you get everything straightened out!

therecordingart

Thanks. I tried calling and the phone just rings. This will be the last time I place an order with them. I opened on a claim with Paypal to see if I can get my money back.

lungdart

I've always found guitar part suppliers to be a little on the expensive side, and a little bit slower than major electronics suppliers like digikey or mouser. There seems to be a shying away from the major electronics suppliers, they have large catalogs that can be overwhelming, but not too hard to navigate once you get used to things.
Electronics product designer
Stomp Labs Inc
Stomplabs.com

Luke51411

They shorted me a few parts on my previous order. The 2n5457's I ordered were out of stock but there was no explanation of this other than it having an X next to it on the pick list. I also ordered jacks which were not in the order but were checked off as if they were. I emailed them several times with no response over the course of about a week or so. I contacted them via facebook and finally got a reply. They finally shipped me the missing parts which arrived today.

therecordingart

Miraculously, after I submitted a dispute with Paypal, a shipping notification showed up. Not a single response to my e-mails nor an apology for my order falling through the cracks. Pretty terrible customer service if you ask me. I've placed 5 or so orders from them in the past, and was about to pull the trigger on getting some boxes screened by them. Nope. Not happening now.

dennism

I'll never darken their door again.   My one and only order (quite a large order) was shipped to the wrong address and never received.   A month of fighting with them before I got my money back and I never did get the order. 

Pojo

Yikes, has anyone had a completely normal experience with them? Seems like they have a customer service nightmare over there and if they would just slow down, do their jobs correctly, they wouldn't have to spend so much time and money fixing screwups. And their email volume would drop enough that they can respond to people in a timely manner.

Arcane Analog

I have not had any issues at all with Mammoth after I stopped ordering from them.

They will never get another dime from me. The finish on their enclosures is mediocre to poor, they have an aversion to correctly putting together an order and customer service is not in that company's vocabulary.

rousejeremy

From everything I've heard and read about them, I'll never place an order with them.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

avianoguitarist

I've never had any issues with Mammoth--ever, and I buy all of my parts exclusively through them.

One or two orders might have been a tad slow to get out, but nothing to cry about...I'm patient.
Even when I was still in Alaska--never had an issue.
Maybe I'm just the lucky one, but I'll keep shopping with them.

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...