Stompbox Cookbook

Started by sfr, October 09, 2003, 08:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfr

My mom came through on the ILL (inter-library-loan) front, and I have a copy of the Stompbox Cookbook people where talking about a few weeks ago.  I'll try and scan things this week, if somebody wants to make them PDFs or whatever.
sent from my orbital space station.

JT

And Behold..The Heavens opened up and light began to shine through casting hope on the unfortunate.........  Thanks Man! Can someone help in the PDF department?

" and so shines a good deed in a weary world" - Willy Wonka

dubs

Yep you can email them to dazzachan@yahoo.com.au
I have software to convert them to pdf.
Cheers!

The Tone God

I will gladly handle anyPDF convert duties as well.

Andrew

BillyJ

Jay J

I've scanned the "Project no. 1" as an example, "Sustain-o-matic".

Since I don't have homepage I sent that project to Munky's site. Let's hope his quick putting it to his page...

And if you remember/know that there's a particular project in that book you'd like to see, let me know and I try to find time to scan that too.

Marcos - Munky

I didn't received the schematic yet. Could you send it again?
munkydiy@hotmail.com

Mark Hammer

Inter-library loan?

Now THAT'S exotic :wink:

Don't we all feel a little embarrassed that we never thought of that before?

BillyJ

Paul Marossy

Ahem.
There was a discussion about reproducing stuff out of that book in this forum a while ago. Although Boscarelli appears to have dropped off of the face of the planet, it is still copyrighted material...
You can get seriously busted.  :?

JT

Paul do you own a copy of the book?  :wink:

Paul Marossy

No, I don't.

Just because the information isn't readily available doesn't make it OK to make copies of it and distribute it all over the web. Doing so without the author's permission is in violation of the copyright laws.

This is what some people call "intellectual property". It can be copyrighted, and it is all the time. Reproducing it and making it available to everyone on the planet can not be justified. It's just wrong. Period.

Go ahead and do whatever you want. If you get busted it's not my problem, I warned you. I know that there are many others who visit here frequently who would give you the same warning, and quote the laws to you.

moosapotamus

moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Paul MarossyAhem.
There was a discussion about reproducing stuff out of that book in this forum a while ago. Although Boscarelli appears to have dropped off of the face of the planet, it is still copyrighted material...
You can get seriously busted.  :?

Ah, copyright laws are by far the easiest to bend.  

-Colin

BillyJ

Paul Marossy

"Ah, copyright laws are by far the easiest to bend."

" :roll: "

That's exactly the kind of attitude I'm talking about. You would be singing a different tube if it were your lyrics that someone stole to make the next number one hit. Or your invention that someone ripped off and are making money on. Just because it's a trivial little guitar effect schematic doesn't make it any more justifiable.

I sure am glad that RG, for example, sticks with it even though people rip him off all the time. Joe Davisson used to be a contributor here and now he isn't because of some people's careless attitude towards copyright infringement. (or ignorance) What did he contribute you might ask? Obsidian Overdrive, Easy Drive, Amber Boost, Blackfire to name a few. Joe was especially sensitive to this issue, but some people don't seem to care about it that much. We should respect the wishes of those who do express their desire to not have their copyrighted material used. And even if they don't.

The end does not justify the means.

BillyJ

puretube

it is totally OK in a legal sense, to make a tape with var. artists to play in your car.
it is totally OK also, to play cover tunes.

(in Germany, that is...)

//www.puretube.com

amz-fx

Scanning the Boscorelli book is definitely against the law. There have been many books that have gone out of print that were later reprinted and the copyrights on that book are still valid.

We make a big deal around here of not posting schematics of small effects builders, which is not illegal but an ethical rule we have established, so how can we condone the copying of the hard work of a small publisher?  I own a copy of the book and it took many many hours to develop the info in it.  

Look for a copy of the Stompbox Cookbook on ebay if you want to try some of the projects. I hope that Mr. Boscorelli publishes a new edition of his work in the near future and I'll be first in line to purchase a new copy.

I suggest that Aron delete any thread where a copyright violation is being proposed just as he has done in the past when a boutique schematic was posted or linked.  It's the right thing to do, especially since what is being proposed is a violation of the DMCA which could lead to the forum being closed, and no one wants that I'm sure.

best regards, Jack

puretube

second in line for buying a "re-issue"...

//www.puretube.com